“Stupid”
Review of The Orange Peel

The Orange Peel
Ranked #2 of 43 Nightlife in Asheville
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is honestly a nightmare and a joke and I can't believe it has 4 stars everywhere. The staff is so stupid. They have so much security in there it's not even comfortable to watch a show. My friend was seriously kicked out for holding two beers in his hand. They seem to believe everyone in there is doing drugs obviously and it makes for a terrible experience because they are just too strict and obsessive with power. They question everything you do and ask/look over the stalls the see what your doing in the bathrooms. Like really? Get the hell out of here this place is a joke.

There are newer reviews for The Orange Peel

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife had been itching to see a particular band (will go unnamed here) for about ten years or so. To make a long story short we drove all day to Asheville to see them at the OP. They were all she had ever hoped they would be, but the place they played was horrible. Turned out to be just a pig bar with no A/C, terrible acoustics, awful management, no seating whatsoever, etc. etc. If you have other choices available, I would not go here for any type of entertainment short of just getting drunk, and even then I think I would prefer a cheap bottle of vino and a quiet Italian cafe.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We visited The Orange Peel for the first time mid September for the Mayer Hawthorne concert. We had a blast! It's an intimate venue with adequate room for all who attended that night (even the many people who were dancing around to his beats!). Although the temperatures dropped lower 60s that night, I still found that it was a little warm inside, even with a huge slow moving fan in the center and a few smaller fans set off to the side. As with others, I would recommend dressing light. They sell beer and wine at 2 bars inside but offer liqueur drinks downstairs at The Pulp for a $2/year membership fee. Staff members were very nice and no one was overbearing as I had read in other reviews. Will definitely return for more shows in the future!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

A very good venue with two bars and a large ga viewing area. The beer selection is very good, but its odd that they only allow you to buy one drink at a time and no liqour is served so that's unlike any other venue I have ever been too. Acoustics were decent, not the best, but about average for a venue of this size. No complaints about the security or staff which were nice in all of our interactions.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We saw Bruce Hornsby and really enjoyed the show. The bar service was very good and they had a good selection of beverages beyond the typical "bud light or Michelob Ultra" choices. The acoustics weren't great for our show, but I don't know if a different setup or board tweaks by the band may have helped. The place is mostly cooled by a giant ceiling fan, so in the summer time dress comfortably since you'll be standing and sweating a little. Overall, it was comfortable enough though...