“Nice venue for a concert”
Review of The Orange Peel

The Orange Peel
Ranked #3 of 44 Nightlife in Asheville
Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice venue for a concert”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Saw the Old 97's there, it was a comfortable venue although there is no 'seating' to speak of. Some stools scattered about can be grabbed up if you get there early enough. Good location right downtown, and it was a clean place with no smoking.

Visited February 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Come see a show here!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I don't live in asheville so I had not ever been here before. I must say that this is one of the best venues i've ever seen a concert at. There's a big selection of beer with many local brews. The free water is a nice addition as well. The intimate size of the place is the best thing of all. I'm not sure what everyone's complaints with security where about. I didn't see them messing with anyone. I actually thought they were much more lenient than many other venues i've been to. I will definitely come back to asheville to see more shows at the orange peel.

Lynchburg, VA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Saw Toubab Krewe at The Orange Peel”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great venue for live music. Friendly vibe. East to get up close to the band. Only negative: You have to stand up the whole time. No seats. Just a very few tables in the back, which are uber hard to get. I love the Orange Peel anyway.

Visited January 2013
“Anybody want a gift certificate?”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Live in AVL and this is not the first poor customer service experience I have had at the OP. Tried box office two times today during advertised box office hours but have been denied because they have "closed early" or "did not have the system running", each time as I was standing there in person looking at an employee, ready to make a purchase. We only go to OP for shows we really want to see because of their employees' "better than thou" attitude towards their patrons. I would go to their website for tickets, but somebody gave us a gift certificate (dare I give them any more of my money), which must be presented in person. I wish an overhaul of their staff and management would take place. Isn't it a shame that absent customer service can absolutely destroy my opinion of a decent venue?

Melbourne, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lindsay Buckingham in Concert”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Orange Peel is a wonderful concert venue loaded with history. The sound was fantastic and our seats were great. I'd recommend this venue for any music lover.

Visited November 2012