“Superb meal, busy place”
Review of Limones

Limones
Reserve with OpenTable
Limones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 810 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Biltmore Ave
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The menu is very interesting with its twist of Mexican cuisine. The scallops I had were some of the best ever - such a delicious sauce. One of our party had the lobster nachos to start and they were great too, though a meal in and of themselves. The night we were there, the place was packed and service consequently a little slow. They probably could have used an extra staff member just to even things out. This is a minor quibble and even if it is slow, the food is worth the wait. I also thought the prices were reasonable for the quality, though it's not at the low end of pricing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,397)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Was in Ashville for a wedding at the end of September and had the MOST awesome meal here. It may say Mexican, but this is no Chi Chis! (yuck!) Pomegranate Margarita was delicious as were the seared scallops, chili relleno, cheviche, and sea bass. Our service was very good, not exceptional, but nothing to complain about. The atmosphere is rustic chic and very comfortable. I would go back in a second! I blogged about it on my food blog, see link below.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food here is outstanding. We had the chipotle salmon and the duck. Both were excellent. However, we had an 8:15 reservation on a Monday night. We waited a half hour to be seated. Then we waited another 55 minutes for our food. The staff served us multiple complimentary appetizers, which, while good, was not what we wanted. We really wanted our meal. We wouldn't go here again, as there are many restaurants in Asheville with good food, that we would rather try than wait until nearly 10 PM on a weeknight to eat.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Because I was traveling solo I dined early not wanting to take a fourtop. The duck and wild mushroom rizzoto was wonderful and the service great. When I return to Ashevill I'll dine there again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food, selections, drink choices and tastes, service and atmosphere!
Had a great night.