I poured over reviews of the Residences at Biltmore, and am happy to report that it lives up to its excellent notices. It's in a great, convenient location in a really neat old neighborhood, about five seconds from the Biltmore Estate. It's only a short drive to downtown Asheville. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo (#310) that was just lovely. Super clean, fairly well stocked for a hotel kitchen. Very roomy. Really comfortable bed. Tastefully appointed. Nice pool (although running back and forth to our unit for the five year old to use the potty was a bit tiresome--why not bathrooms at the pool?). The staff was wonderful.
We only had one glitch, one that's been commented on before. Oh, could we hear the people upstairs. And they were playing lacrosse. We think. One of the boys carried around his equipment outside and from the sliding, crashing, and pounding almost certainly was using it inside. We reported the noise to the concierge, who promptly called upstairs and reported that the parents had left a condo full of kids for a while. Now, we didn't call until like 10:30pm--I'm okay with a little noise. Nevertheless, the crashing and dashing continued till well after midnight. The next night was more of the same, then water came pouring through our light fixture in one of our bathrooms. We reported this of course, and once again the concierege did his best to be helpful. There's only so much you can do about crappy floorboard insulation and seriously loud late night neighbors. One of our bathrooms was out of commission overnight, till the helpful maintenance guy cleared it the next day.
Fortunately the loud people checked out and the rest of our stay was quiet. Great place to stay, even with the "lacrosse team" although if the developer went to all the trouble landscaping, buying nice furniture and sheets, etc. would a little more insulation between units have been such a terrible idea?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residences at Biltmore is an all-suite luxury hotel located in Asheville, North Carolina. This beautiful hotel is set on top of a hill surrounded by timeworn hardwood trees, just outside the gates of the Biltmore Estate in South Asheville. Convenient to Asheville and all of the most sought-after tourism destinations, restaurants and shopping, The Residences at Biltmore is the perfect accommodation for nearly any occasion. Whether you are looking for a unique family vacation destination, a weekend retreat with friends, a romantic mountain getaway or an outdoor adventure, it is the perfect place to enjoy the tranquility of the mountains of North Carolina. Guests may select from Studio, One, Two, and Three Bedroom luxury suites depending on their individual needs. Designed to create a unique "home suite home" experience, each suite features flat-screen televisions, designer bed linens, whirlpool baths, gas fireplaces, private balconies and full kitchens. The on-site health and fitness center is equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, and our outdoor recreation area contains a seasonally heated pool, hot tub and fire pit. Our exclusive concierge service can help with anything you need throughout the duration of your stay, from arranging transportation services, babysitting, pet-sitting, dry cleaning, gift delivery and grocery shopping to making restaurant reservations, salon and spa appointments or golf tee times. We also offer in-room massage therapy services so guests can experience pampering and relaxation without leaving the comfort of their suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Residences at Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville