“All the conveniences of home plus maid service!”

The Residences at Biltmore
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed May 27, 2010

The apartment was like new and very comfortable. The location was also very nice. Our friends were in the room next door and it was great for socializing in the kitchen, living room, or on the balcony. The hot tub was great after a long hike! The firepit at night was excellent for wrapping up our day.

The only down was the dryer can take up to 2 hours to dry your clothes. The bed in our room wasn't great but there's no place like home when it comes to your bed.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Residences at Biltmore

Reviewed May 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our 20th wedding anniversery trip to Asheville. We were delighted to have a beautifully appointed 1 bedroom apartment convenient to Biltmore. We didn't cook, but for longer stays, the full kitchen would have been handy. I liked the granite countertops and stainless appliances. The bath is done in marble and has a separate glassed in shower and raised tub. The bed was very comfortable, and I slept nearly as well as I do at home. It is located in town, which makes it a good location if you're visiting Biltmore, but that does mean that there isn't any scenery from the small balcony. Overall, it exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We took a last minute, Spring Break, trip to Asheville, and were not certain where to stay. When we came across a "buy 2 nights, get 1 free" special on their website, we decided to give it a try. After checking out their website and the reviews on various sites, It all seemed to good to be true. We were skeptical, but figured that if we hated it, we would check out after the first night and stay in a chain hotel.

This place, location, and their staff were AMAZING!! We would recommend it to anyone that is looking for more of a residential feel during their stay. We've rented condos before in Branson, Destin, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, and found the daily maid service at The Residences at Biltmore to be a very, very special treat, since that is not standard with condo rentals. The kitchen was stocked, if you wanted to cook, which we didn't, however, it was nice to have a fridge for drinks and to store restaurant leftovers that we could eat later on. Having a washer/dryer in the unit was a nice bonus, too. We were able to "check out" (for free) a couple of family movies, to watch with the kids in the evenings, in our one bedroom, sleeper-sofa unit.

The only down-side was that you could definitely hear your upstairs neighbors walking around. I had asked for a top floor unit, based on reviews, but none were available.

The location was very convenient to the downtown and Biltmore Village areas.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for two night over the weekend and it was a very enjoyable stay. The suites were very spacious and felt more like an apartment than a suite. I knew that before staying there and I really enjoyed it. There were three of us and we stayed in a one-bedroom quite. There was plenty of room for each of us to stretch out. The kitchen was great! We cooked dinner one night at the hotel and also one breakfast. I felt like I was cooking at home, they had everything I needed to prepare a meal. The staff was very courteous upon arrival and gave us a great map of the surrounding area. The location for this hotel is excellent. It sits on the side of a hill halfway between downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Estate. Although we didn't go to downtown Asheville as our trip was to visit the Biltmore Estate, the close proximity is nice. The bathroom was huge and wonderful! I didn't use the whirlpool tub myself, but another person in my party did, and they said it was excellent. There was also a nice collection of DVDs in the registration room that are free to watch in your room. The room also had free high-speed internet and since I am taking online classes I had to spend a little time doing schoolwork and the connectivity was great the entire time.

There are however a few complaints I have. No hotel is perfect. As many of the other reviews have mentioned, there is practically no insulation between levels. We were on the second floor and could clearly hear the guests that were staying above us when they were up and moving around. They didn't move around much and they didn't stay up really late so it didn't prevent us from getting a good night's sleep, but it was still annoying to be relaxing in the evening and hear other guests moving about as though they are in your suite. Additionally, the doors to the suites are designed to slam shut behind you. I understand why they do this, but it was really loud and as the hotel was sold out this weekend so there was a chorus of doors slamming for most of the evening. Lastly, the pullout sofa is nothing to write home about. The couch itself is really comfortable and I ended up just sleeping on it for the two nights. It was just as comfortable as my bed at home. However, know that if you plan to use the pullout for more than one person to sleep on, they better weight less than 100 pounds or they are going to be able to feel the front edge of the bed when they lay down. And in all fairness to the hotel, I am sure the pull-out bed is intended for a family with children.

all in all, the positive aspects of this hotel outweigh the negatives. I will certainly plan to stay here on my next trip to Asheville, but will definitely be requesting a room on the top floor.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank tionio
Reviewed May 16, 2010

The hotel is lovely---perfect location, sparkly clean, outstanding concierge service, wonderful greeting upon arrival. Lots of quality one on one time with greeter. However, the mattress was useless. Commenting brought the response that all the mattresses in the place were exactly the same so there was no point in changing it. Would NEVER stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judith L
Reviewed May 14, 2010

As someone below recently said, this is not really a "luxury hotel." There are no bellmen, no restaurant, etc. On the other hand the studio we had was lovely, well furnished, immaculate, and very comfortable. The staff who checked us in were very friendly and offered good suggestions for restaurants. We read the fine reviews on Tripadvisor which attracted us to the Residences and we are glad we stayed here. It was very reasonable for what we received.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed in Asheville, NC for our two anniversary getaway and we were blown away with what we found. We have always wanted to see Biltmore as well and figured that this time of year would be a perfect time to see it, especially with the Festival of Flowers going on. After doing some research online, we decided to stay at the Residences of Biltmore which is less than two miles from Biltmore and minutes away from downtown Asheville. The Residences had everything we look for in a place to stay wherever we our while on vacation. They just recently opened there doors in the summer of 2009. The place itself is absolutely gorgeous and exactly what we expected to see for a moutain retreat. The Residences litteraly sit on the side of the moutain and overlook Asheville. It is very clean and up to date with current trends and styles. We stayed in the King Suite, which has a bedroom with a king bed and a flat screen 29" flat screen tv, a living room with 36" flat screen tv and a balcony, a dinning area, a kitchen with all stainless steel appliances (refridgerator, dishwasher, oven, and range) , and a tiled bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and shower. The service is superb and very accomdating. There is a pool area, where you will find a heated pool, a hot tub, and a fire pit. Ultimately what pursuaded us to stay here was the fact that we got all of this at a very reasonable price. I would recomend staying here to all my family and friends and we will be staying here again. Have fun on your next trip and happy vacationing.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple