We love to come to Asheville at least once every year or so. We've stayed in all types of lodging here in the past. Asheville was really lacking in the "hotel" department -- with the exception of the Grove Park Inn (which can be so pricey). The other hotels around Biltmore Village were not so nice. It's nice to see new choices in lodging! There are plenty of beautiful Bed & Breakfasts in the area, but we prefer a hotel/suite atmosphere.
The location is perfect for Asheville -- just a couple of blocks from the Biltmore entrance and a couple of miles from downtown.
We stayed at The Residences April 8 - 11, 2009. This was a short family vacation that included my husband, our teenage son, my mother, and myself. We had a two bedroom/two bath unit. The entire unit is beautifully furnished in mission style.
It's hard not to repeat what the last reviewer wrote . . . It was VERY spacious with a queen sleeper sofa in the living room, a gas fireplace, huge flat screen TV over the fireplace, a wall of windows with a door that opened onto a balcony with table and two chairs. The unit included a full size kitchen with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, as well as all items you would need in a kitchen. There was a dining table with four chairs.
The first bedroom had a queen size bed with a flat screen TV, full size window, and a door that opened up to the outside. The hall bath included raised granite countertops with a walk-in shower.
The master bedroom had a king size bed with a flat screen TV, full size window, and a door that also opened up to the outside. The master bath was HUGE -- included large walk-in tiled shower, jetted bathtub, and raised granite countertops with double sinks.
There was also a stacking Bosch washer/dryer in the unit. AND even though this is a like a condo unit, there is maid service every day! We were also provided with a newspaper each morning.
The staff were top-notch -- extremely professional. As the previous reviewer said, after we checked in at the Registration Unit, they met us at our unit (#308) and gave us a complete tour.
As far as price goes, for the amount of space and amenities, the rate is great. We also received a 15% discount just by going to the exploreasheville.com site and selecting coupons! Our discounted rate was $220.00. We would have paid more than that for two hotel rooms with MUCH less space.
We have only one negative thing to say . . . our unit faced Biltmore Avenue. We slept with the doors open and the noise from the traffic was loud and annoying. If you stay, ask not to face in this direction.
We highly recommend The Residences and will definitely be staying here in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residences at Biltmore is an all-suite luxury hotel located in Asheville, North Carolina. This beautiful hotel is set on top of a hill surrounded by timeworn hardwood trees, just outside the gates of the Biltmore Estate in South Asheville. Convenient to Asheville and all of the most sought-after tourism destinations, restaurants and shopping, The Residences at Biltmore is the perfect accommodation for nearly any occasion. Whether you are looking for a unique family vacation destination, a weekend retreat with friends, a romantic mountain getaway or an outdoor adventure, it is the perfect place to enjoy the tranquility of the mountains of North Carolina. Guests may select from Studio, One, Two, and Three Bedroom luxury suites depending on their individual needs. Designed to create a unique "home suite home" experience, each suite features flat-screen televisions, designer bed linens, whirlpool baths, gas fireplaces, private balconies and full kitchens. The on-site health and fitness center is equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, and our outdoor recreation area contains a seasonally heated pool, hot tub and fire pit. Our exclusive concierge service can help with anything you need throughout the duration of your stay, from arranging transportation services, babysitting, pet-sitting, dry cleaning, gift delivery and grocery shopping to making restaurant reservations, salon and spa appointments or golf tee times. We also offer in-room massage therapy services so guests can experience pampering and relaxation without leaving the comfort of their suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Residences at Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville