“The Residences at Biltmore...very nice!!”

The Residences at Biltmore
Ranked #27 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Very clean, updated and cozy rooms with a full kitchen/fireplace/spa tub/balcony. We absolutely having the room for not a whole lot more than a regular hotel. Down the street from Biltmore Village and the entrance to the Estate.

Fireplace has stack stone, stainless appliances and nice wood floors. Everything was perfect here except the Direct TV - which isn't the hotel's fault. I just HATE Direct TV..
Other than that a wonderful place to stay...

Room Tip: 4th Floor rooms are on the top and are the place room placement..
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill C, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your suite -- though I'm sorry if the Direct TV was acting up. Thank you for sharing this great review, and I hope you'll come see us again the next time you need a getaway!

Bill, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was OK. For a new building, they left a number of things cheaply done.
Worst is probably there is no noise insulation between floors. We had a unit that had no side connections, but the upstairs neighbors, although they were not overly noisy, every step they took was heard in our unit.

Nice bathroom, great to have washer and dryer, but you need to buy your own detergent and then have a lot left over.

We would not seek this property out for a future stay in Asheville.

Room Tip: Although we asked for a top room when we made the reservation several months before our stay, when w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drake972
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

I'm disappointed to hear that you won't be returning. Please accept my apologies for any noise issues you may have had -- I understand how hearing your neighbors can be frustrating. It's good to know that you liked the bathroom and the amenities, and I hope you'll reconsider your decision not to come back. We'd certainly love to have you.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

It saddens me to write this review. We have stayed here previously and had great memories and even brought friends with us. I would have given exemplary ratings before we experienced the check in process. We were dealing with Lindsay and sharing memories when Matt walked in and I asked for the 25% discount sent to me via email the same day we made our reservation. Matt adamantly stepped in to say that it had to be given on a new reservation only. I explained our timing and he still remained firm. I openly shared that I would not stay again and he rudely offered to just cancel our reservation and said we could stay elsewhere. The simple solution would have been to cancel and rebook us with the discount. If this were a mere $25 dollars I wouldn't have cared...but it's $125 dollars over a 2 night stay. Almost all hotels in Asheville take dogs which was a primary draw to The Residences previously. We will use the other hotels in the future if the message to the manager goes unreturned. No one deserves to be cheated or treated so rudely.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mike9mc
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The nicest things about the room were the fireplace and the bathroom. The bed was uncomfortable, and bedside lighting poor. The sheets were never changed during my 3 day stay. I found either cereal or dog food on the floor and realized the place had not been vacuumed. Based on my experience the rooms are way overpriced. Will not go back and will not recommend.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KarenGY

I'm very shocked to hear this, and I hope you'll accept my apologies for the drawbacks of your visit. I want to assure you that we always meticulously clean each unit, and any evidence to the contrary is absolutely something we want brought to our immediate attention. I will look into this with my staff, and I do hope you'll give us another chance to impress you when you're next in Asheville.

Best,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is our 5th time staying at The Residences at Biltmore and probably the best yet! This place is a well kept secret. We always get a one bedroom. It has everything! A fully stocked gourmet kitchen. A very cozy living room with a gas fireplace. A huge bathroom with a huge walk-in glass shower and a jacuzzi tub. Washer and dryer. Lovely, large master suite. Also a balcony. It has a heated outdoor pool, a large hot tub and a fire pit! Did I mention a very adequate weight room? It is about a mile from the Biltmore village shops and dining. You can call Valet Gourmet to get your dinner delivered every night for a mere $5! I'm not giving away which unit we stay in but it is the BEST! Very quiet with a great view!

Room Tip: Not saying 😉
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kitty D
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

We're perfectly happy to keep your unit a secret! Thank you for sharing this fabulous review, and we're thrilled that you're so comfortable when you visit. We also can't tell you how much your loyalty means to us. I hope we can welcome you back again soon, and for many years to come!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We arrived early. The staff was able to give us some good recommendations for lunch and a pass to park so we could relax by the pool. Being autumn the pool was heated and very comfortable. We got lunch in town and when we returned our room was ready. It was very clean and beautiful. I loved the fireplace. The hot tub and fire pit in the pool area were a treat. It was very relaxing. The staff is also very willing to accommodate you. T The kitchen has everything you need and it was great to have a washer and drier! I read reviews about the noise but we did not experience this. We also were able to use the wifi without any issues.

Room Tip: The top floor was great. We has the one bedroom so it has a jetted tub. We could have lived with the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jessiep8810

A retreat is exactly what we hope to be, and it's great to know that you were able to unwind during your visit. I'm so happy you were comfortable in your room and got to enjoy the fireplace -- there's nothing better on an autumn night! Thanks for taking the time to share this great review, and it goes without saying that we'd be delighted to host you again during your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We got a studio on the third floor. The room has huge furniture but no end or coffee tables. Lighting is inadequate especially by the beds and over the dining table. Appliances are also huge but there is no dishwasher. Seating is not comfortable. Toiletries are sparse but bathroom is also huge. Balcony looked at adjacent building roof. Walls and ceilings are very thin. I think you can do better.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lawflake

We don't generally receive this sort of feedback about our furnishings, and we try to make our suites as homey and comfortable as possible. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the proportions of the furniture and the lighting in the room, and I hope you felt comfortable asking for more toiletries if you needed them. I appreciate all the feedback you've given here, and I'll certainly make use of anything that I can to improve your future stays with us!

Thanks so much,