“Perfect Place!”

Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Georgia
“Perfect Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place really spoils you. The rooms are gorgeous, the concierge is very useful and accessible, they offer "extras" like DVDs for check-out, and it's in a great location about 1/2 mile from the Biltmore entrance. Our only complaint...that our stay wasn't longer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. "Spoiling" our guests is what we're here to do! The team will be thrilled to hear about your time with us. Hopefully we'll welcome you back again sometime!

Shane Bounds, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay while in Asheville. Especially if you are visiting the Biltmore House. Very close to the entrance. Your first thought in arriving at your room is I could easily live here. Beautifully kept rooms. Large living area and kitchen. I cannot say enough about the bedrooms and bathrooms. Was very hard to leave. My only concern was the pillows, they were a might much. Would highly recommend this place and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. Ensuring your comfort and satisfaction is what we're all about! We look forward to your next visit as well.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Had a 1 bedroom suite, excellent accommodation, plenty of room, kitchen had everything you could possibly need including washer and dryer. Very clean, plenty of towels, big bathroom with large shower, jacuzzi bath. Short walk into Biltmore Village, lots of restaurants. Short drive to Ashville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your kind words, Yvonne. I'm so happy to hear about your time with us. Providing you with excellent accommodations and "everything you could possibly need" is always our goal! We hope to welcome you back again sometime.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Enjoyed staying here. Felt more likes large apartment because of the size of the suite. We stayed in a two room suite and the price was great. Each room as well as the living room had French doors to a patio. The grounds are great

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks for your kind words. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. Your comfort and satisfaction is always our main goal, so I'm sure the team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was my second visit to the property within 1 year. My first visit was very nice. My 2nd, not so much! The first problem was the party upstairs that had 3 children and constantly ran up and down all the time and they woke up at 5 am and got ready, so we had to hear all that noise very early. Then the kitchen had a can opener broken, the coffee maker was also broken. All those things would have been bad enough, but the day we were about to check out, I noticed a charge on my credit card that was completely inaccurate. When we checked out I mentioned this to the person at the desk, and she basically said someone must have added another night on and charged you for that. I am sure it will be removed in the next couple of days. I then looked over our bill, that include this recent charge and beside charging me two pet fees, which was corrected. I left and called my credit card company to dispute the $179 charge for a night that I never requested or used and fortunately they immediately reversed the charge. I wrote a letter to complain about this visit and incident and did not receive a reply or phone call. I will be staying elsewhere when I am visiting Asheville and informing my friends of this as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank cdm1208
It's troubling to hear that you did not enjoy your second stay with us—especially since we were able to show you such a relaxing time earlier in the year. We pride ourselves on being a place for people to relax and "get away." The fact that we could not provide this for you is very troubling to me.

I'm sorry to hear about the loud noises you experienced so early in the morning. We do have a 24 hour concierge desk that is always willing to handle noise issues for our customers—I'm sure we could have taken care of this for you.

I'm also sorry to hear about the issue with your credit card. Though mistakes will be made from time to time, handling them in a professional manner is what we expect of our staff. If our staff was unwilling to help you get the charges corrected, I'd like to sincerely apologize. I plan on reaffirming our values with the team—we will handle these situations better in the future.

If you have any further comments or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out. I'd appreciate the chance to hear more about your time with us. Take care.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We were so excited for a relaxing weekend get away, but little did we know we weren't going to rest much.
Check in was quick - we arrived early, but our room was ready. We made our way to our ground level studio suite and were very pleased when we opened the door. The room was gorgeous with all the amenities you'd expect for $169 a night. But we quickly realized that it was going to be a rough weekend. All weekend we dealt with hearing every move of the people staying above us. We could hear them walking around, talking, flushing the toilet, taking a shower...you name it, we heard it. They were especially noisy late at night (midnight on Friday and Saturday) and early in the morning (it started back up around 8 or 8:30 each morning). I enjoy sleeping in when I'm on vacation...not here! I couldn't! Needless to say the walls are paper thin - we could even hear housekeeping vacuuming the unit next door on Saturday afternoon! After staying the weekend I decided to look into the negative reviews here on trip advisor...and what do you know...many of them are complaining about noise. It irritated me to read the property manager's responses to avoid the problem in the future by 1. Letting the 24 hour staff know (which wouldn't help because clearly they know how thin the walls are) and 2. To request a top floor room - seriously?! That's your recommendation? That's just ridiculous. Stay here if you like to spend a lot of money on a room with nice accommodations, but don't care if you don't sleep at all...we won't be back.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank JPWills
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your stay, JP. As you mention, we are aware of the thinness of our walls. However, we are always willing to do whatever it takes to help our guests, because your satisfaction and comfort is always our primary concern

Did you mention this to our staff during your visit? I'm sure our 24 hour concierge would have been willing to do whatever it took to ensure your comfort.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further comments or concerns. We'd appreciate the opportunity to put our best foot forward. Take care.

Madison, Wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

After staying in several "cookie cutter" hotels on a long road trip, the R@B was like heaven. So many hotel chains are almost indistinguishable from one another. This place is unique, tasteful, memorable. The staff made us feel welcome and valued. Everyone we talked with took time to answer all our questions and give helpful hints on the area. One lovely little extra is that they light the firepit every evening, and guests can sit around the fire to watch the sunset.

The property is in between the Biltmore Estate and Asheville, about a 3-minute drive to either one. It's set back from the main road in a beautiful wooded setting. Our studio (the smallest room available) was over 500 sq ft--about twice the size of many standard hotel rooms. The rooms are designed and decorated (in the Craftsman style) as nicely as someone's home. The wooden flooring and beautiful furniture were not at all what you'd find in most hotels. Our room was quiet, and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful, with a gigantic shower and a whirlpool tub. Although there are many wonderful restaurants in the area, we saved a lot by making breakfast and lunch in the efficient kitchen. We also appreciated having a washer and dryer on site. We will definitely return to the R@B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ondrejka
Thanks for your kind and thoughtful review. It is so flattering to see that we were "like heaven!" I'm thrilled to hear about your stay with us. Ensuring that our guests are comfortable and relaxed is always our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back!