We were so excited for a relaxing weekend get away, but little did we know we weren't going to rest much.
Check in was quick - we arrived early, but our room was ready. We made our way to our ground level studio suite and were very pleased when we opened the door. The room was gorgeous with all the amenities you'd expect for $169 a night. But we quickly realized that it was going to be a rough weekend. All weekend we dealt with hearing every move of the people staying above us. We could hear them walking around, talking, flushing the toilet, taking a shower...you name it, we heard it. They were especially noisy late at night (midnight on Friday and Saturday) and early in the morning (it started back up around 8 or 8:30 each morning). I enjoy sleeping in when I'm on vacation...not here! I couldn't! Needless to say the walls are paper thin - we could even hear housekeeping vacuuming the unit next door on Saturday afternoon! After staying the weekend I decided to look into the negative reviews here on trip advisor...and what do you know...many of them are complaining about noise. It irritated me to read the property manager's responses to avoid the problem in the future by 1. Letting the 24 hour staff know (which wouldn't help because clearly they know how thin the walls are) and 2. To request a top floor room - seriously?! That's your recommendation? That's just ridiculous. Stay here if you like to spend a lot of money on a room with nice accommodations, but don't care if you don't sleep at all...we won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residences at Biltmore is an all-suite luxury hotel located in Asheville, North Carolina. This beautiful hotel is set on top of a hill surrounded by timeworn hardwood trees, just outside the gates of the Biltmore Estate in South Asheville. Convenient to Asheville and all of the most sought-after tourism destinations, restaurants and shopping, The Residences at Biltmore is the perfect accommodation for nearly any occasion. Whether you are looking for a unique family vacation destination, a weekend retreat with friends, a romantic mountain getaway or an outdoor adventure, it is the perfect place to enjoy the tranquility of the mountains of North Carolina. Guests may select from Studio, One, Two, and Three Bedroom luxury suites depending on their individual needs. Designed to create a unique "home suite home" experience, each suite features flat-screen televisions, designer bed linens, whirlpool baths, gas fireplaces, private balconies and full kitchens. The on-site health and fitness center is equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, and our outdoor recreation area contains a seasonally heated pool, hot tub and fire pit. Our exclusive concierge service can help with anything you need throughout the duration of your stay, from arranging transportation services, babysitting, pet-sitting, dry cleaning, gift delivery and grocery shopping to making restaurant reservations, salon and spa appointments or golf tee times. We also offer in-room massage therapy services so guests can experience pampering and relaxation without leaving the comfort of their suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Residences at Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville