“Wonderful Accommodations! Poor customer service!”

The Residences at Biltmore
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The accommodations are incredible!!! Very comfortable and spacious. There is really nothing bad to say about the accommodations. Although I would recommend requesting the top floor so you don't have to hear the people above you. However we had several issues arise with checking in. The worst being told our room wasn't ready when we arrived (we arrived 20 minute prior to check-in) and asked if they could call us when it was ready. That was fine, but when 2 hours had passed and we never heard from anyone, we were less than excited to get back there. I hope all the problems we had are not the norm but when I tried emailing them after our stay, I received no response. So if you aren't going to need any customer service, I highly recommend staying here. If you expect any amount of customer services than stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NCMountains011
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It's always nice to hear back from our customers, because it lets us know what we are doing well, and what we can improve on. I'm thrilled to hear how satisfied you were with our accommodations. Providing our guests with "comfortable and spacious" rooms and amenities is very important to us.

Having said that, it's very troubling to hear how poor our communication was for you. I'm sorry that your room took so long to be ready—I'm sure this was incredibly frustrating. We understand that our guests come to us to in order to have a relaxing getaway, and not have to worry about such issues. I hope you'll accept my most sincere apology. It is unacceptable for our poor communication to have this much of an affect on our guests satisfaction. I plan on reaffirming our customer service values with the team—your feedback will help us improve.

If you'd like to discuss this any further please don't hesitate to give me a call at (828) 350-8000. We'd love a chance to put our best foot forward. Take care.

There are newer reviews for The Residences at Biltmore

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on our fifth night of our seven night college tour. We were coming from Queens University in Charlotte in the afternoon heading to Bryan College in Tennessee. I did not want to drive though the mountains at night. There were not a lot of options in the towns closer to the mountains, but Asheville had quite a few. This turned out to be a great choice overall. The rooms have a nice comfortable decor. High end furniture, not typical hotel fair. We had a one bedroom suite which was very large. The bathroom was spacious and very nicely decorated, with a huge walk in shower. It had a full kitchen and great living room area (the couch was extremely comfortable). My only negative critique would be the fireplace. When I flipped the switch I was expecting a gas fireplace. Instead there were some wavy fake flames, very tacky. The rest of the suite was outfitted in high end finishes, this just screamed wrong choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you're happy that you chose us. Providing our customers with the proper amenities to have a comfortable stay is very important to us. I hope that you'll be back to see us again next time you're in the area. We'd love to show you another great time!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Found this lovely condo hotel looking for an option for a family of five. Beautiful condo, tastefully furnished and VERY comfortable. Much cheaper than multiple hotel rooms. Simple amenities are a small work out room and outdoor pool, but close to all that Asheville has to offer. Staff is pleasant and accomodating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Knowing that your stay was "comfortable," and that our staff was pleasant and accommodating puts a smile on my face. Your satisfaction is always our primary concern! I appreciate all you have to say. We hope to welcome you back again someday!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights, Feb 2 and 3rd, and could not have picked a more perfect place. We meet our friends from Ga, and stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. It had everything we needed..plus being Superbowl Weekend....the flatscreen TV over the manel and fireplace, was a huge added bonus.
Beds were comfortable and the staff were great with all the right recommendations of places to go and eat.
We enjoyed Ashville and the The Residences of Biltmore..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thanks for your kind words. "Perfect" is what I like to see! I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. Providing you with the proper amenities to have a great stay is always our goal. Especially for Super Bowl weekend!

I appreciate your kind words and all you have to say. I hope to welcome you all back again next time you're in the area.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

When traveling to places like Asheville, I usually opt for a charming B&B. On this trip, though, my son and daughter-in-law accompanied me. So we needed pet-friendly accommodations. That, plus an attractive low-season rate, led us to The Residences. We were delighted.

We each had a one-bedroom apartment at the parking level. [Easy loading and unloading.] We each enjoyed the units' comfortable, roomy bedrooms and cozy living areas with gas fireplaces. [Two separate TVs were much appreciated by my son and daughter-in-law.] We each enjoyed our good-size and well-stocked kitchens. But we loved our luxurious bathrooms, complete with jacuzzi tubs and over-sized walk-in showers.

I appreciated the well-equipped and well-maintained fitness center. [Get a unit on the top level if you want to visit this center. Otherwise, The Residences is a large campus. It will be a hike to get there - and you will have completed your workout by the time you arrive.

My son and I enjoyed the fire pit by the pool on a cool night. We were literally less than half a mile from the Biltmore Estate, which made our day there very convenient. We all three appreciated the thoughtful service provided.

Only quibbles... The apartments have hardwood floors, so we did hear guests walking in the units above ours. The dishwasher is really loud. Takes a good while for the water in sinks and shower to heat - at least during our visit in February.

But we would recommend The Residences with enthusiasm.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor if available. Choose a unit in the top cluster, for convenience to the fitness c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thanks for your kind words. It's great to hear that you and your family were "delighted" with all we had to offer! Providing you with comfortable units, roomy bedrooms, and cozy living areas is what we're all about. Our guests' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so the team will be thrilled to see this. I hope to welcome you back next time you're in Asheville!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here during our honeymoon, and had the most relaxing time. The service here is A+. We added an extra night to our stay here, and was not disappointed. I will be looking forward to our next trip to Asheville, and our stay at The Residences at Biltmore. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thanks for your kind words here on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! Providing you with "A+" service and showing you a relaxing time is always our goal for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Asheville! Take care.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place is great! Check in went great, and the suits are awesome. You are staying in a renovated apartment for the price of a hotel room. Very close to the entrance to Biltmore Estates and down town Asheville. We will absolutely stay here again on our next trip to this area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Charlie,

Your review is great! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back again soon!