“Impeccable service, immaculate accomodation”

The Residences at Biltmore
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here for our first anniversary, and everything about our stay at The Residences at Biltmore was just perfect. Check-in was a very smooth process and we were able to purchase our tickets for the Biltmore right at the desk. We stayed on the 4th floor of the upper building and had a nice view of the mountains in the distance. As soon as we opened the door we were impressed with the quality of the suite. Everything was lovely, from the granite counter tops to the stainless appliances and elegant decor. (And I was especially impressed with the anniversary bouquet that my husband had ordered with the helpful concierge service!). The furniture was very comfortable, and it was a great place to relax and watch the Super Bowl while sitting in front of the gas fireplace. The bed was very comfortable as well, with very soft sheets and just-right pillows. And the bathroom...oh my! It was almost as big as the bedroom, and so clean! Every surface of this place was so clean that it looked like nobody had ever stayed in it. We have stayed in some very nice places, and this ranks up there with the best of them. What an incredible value it was, too. I would highly recommend The Residences at Biltmore to couples, families, or whoever is looking for a great place to stay at an affordable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor facing away from the pool area- you're probably going to have a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Julie,

Wow--thanks for your kind review. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. Our guests' satisfaction is our first priority, so your review puts a smile on my face. Ensuring that everything is "perfect" is always our goal! We've worked hard to provide everything necessary to show you a great time—the team will be thrilled to see this.

I appreciate your recommendation and all you have to say. We hope to welcome you back again some day!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Beautiful suites, great housekeeping & staff, overall amazing stay. Stayed in hung out in the suite 2/3 nights the place was so comfortable! Really close to the Biltmore and downtown area. Highly recommend! Thanks for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

You're welcome, Brittany. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. It's great to hear how satisfied you were with all we had to offer! Your comfort and satisfaction is always our primary concern, so this makes me very happy. The team will be thrilled to see this as well. I hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My bf and I stayed herea few nights celebrating my birthday. We had the one bedroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful! We planned on spending more time downtown, having a few drinks after dinner and what not, but we found ourselves grabbing a bottle of wine and relaxing back at the room. We even rented a movie and stayed in one of the nights. And we are not homebodies! We highly suggest this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank krisbyup
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thanks for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear how satisfied you were with your stay. Ensuring that our guests have a comfortable visit is always our primary concern, so the team will be thrilled to see this.

I appreciate your recommendation and all you have to say. We hope to welcome you back again sometime soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Residences at Biltmore is a simply wonderful choice when visiting Asheville. We spent months deciding where we wanted to stay while making plans to visit the Biltmore Estate and Chimney Rock while in beautiful Asheville, NC. We had seriously considered staying on the Estate itself but could not pass up the value of the Residences suites. Although I am sure the Estates 4 star accommodations are lovely, the Residences at Biltmore is truly magnificent. My spouse and I stayed 3 nights in a studio suite and were very pleased with our entire stay. The lobby is very small and quaint, yet offers tourism information, a Keurig machine, and DVD movies to borrow while you stay. Concierge service was fantastic and easy to use, and the ladies at the front desk were both pleasant and professional. Parking was right near our room, and access was easy with electronic key system. The room was immaculately clean and free of odors. The fireplace is not real but it does produce both heat and a relaxing glow. The television was a large flat screen mounted on the wall above the fireplace. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were superb! The closet provided plenty of space to hang clothing items and store luggage, and offered extra pillows as well as nice robes to use during your stay. The couch (which folded out into a bed) was also very comfortable. The kitchen was very modern and beautiful as well as very accommodating. We were able to find everything we needed from wine glasses and measuring cups, to a can opener and an ice cream scoop. The refrigerator/freezer was perfect and the filtered water from the door tasted crisp and fresh. The bathroom was beautiful, very spacious and also fully equipt with hair dryer, shower cap, soaps, and shampoos. The best feature other than the amazingly large glass shower was the 2 sided, cosmetic magnifying mirror that was also provided. In addition to all of these wonderful features the room also had a washer and dryer for laundering, a safe, and a very nice balcony with patio furniture. The hotel has a pool, hot tub, and fire pit that we certainly would have taken advantage of as well had it not been so cold during our Winter stay. Maid staff was excellent, and discreet, and the property itself was well maintained and very quiet. We absolutely recommend the Residences at Biltmore to anyone looking to stay in Asheville, our experience was fantastic and friendly from the phone call to make the reservations to check out and everywhere in-between.

2  Thank L0ve2Travel_03
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Your review is simply wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you decided to stay with us and enjoyed all we had to offer. Our customers' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so this makes me very happy.

I appreciate your detailed review and all you have to say. The team will be thrilled to see this. I look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed in a King suite and upon walking into our room it was like a five star hotel.. Our room had all the fine furnishings you would enjoy at the Ritz without spending a Kings ransom.as a poet once said, "The best way to pay for a lovely time is to enjoy it." and we did. Thanks again to the wonderful staff at The Residences at Biltmore. P.S we also found a great IPA brew house in the art district called "The Wedge" worth the visit..

Room Tip: This hotel is close to everthing in town
2  Thank jim l
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear how satisfied you were with your stay. Providing our guests with the amenities necessary to have a comfortable, relaxing visit is always our primary concern—the team will be thrilled to see this. I hope to welcome you back again sometime soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just back from our second stay at the Residences at Biltmore and geesh, if I could move there I would. We stayed in a 3bedroom condo this time and loved it. Plenty of space. So wonderfully clean! Beds are comfortable. Location is terrific--ran downtown to Asheville and all over Kenilworth over our long weekend. The staff is wonderful, just wonderful. I have only two teeny, tiny suggestions. First include just a wee bit more in the way of cooking pans. We wanted to make some brownies but didn't really have a 9x13 pan or anything else that would work. A cookie tray would be terrific too. Second, there's down everywhere. Housekeeping was happy to supply us with feather free stuff but geesh, we still sneezed or way through the nights, but it's really not a huge deal since otherwise the stay was so terrific.

Room Tip: Get a room on a top floor. I'm not sure why they went to such trouble with lovely fixtures etc...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Furcow
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! Showing our guests' a great time is always our primary concern, so I appreciate your kind words and the feedback you leave for us. Our team will be thrilled to see this! I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The king suite was roomy and clean. It was nice to come back to after a long day at biltmore and have some space to relax before dinner. We were on the 2nd floor and did not experience the noise described in other reviews. The full kitchen was stocked with necessities and it was nice to be able to whip up a quick breakfast instead of going out to eat each morning. The Beds were comfy and warm.
We only had one issue. Our reservation was made and confirmed for a king suite and I requested a 4th floor room. When we arrived we were booked for a studio suite with a queen bed. The staff was able to place us in the correct room but it was not on the 4th floor.
Overall great experience and we will return.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 4th floor.
1  Thank Brian L
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We love hearing from our guests about their stay! I'm glad you enjoyed all we had to offer. Providing you with the proper amenities to ensure a comfortable stay is always our ultimate goal.

I'm sorry for the confusion regarding your reservation. I'm not sure what happened, but I can imagine that it must have been frustrating for you. I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence, so I'm confident that it won't happen again! I look forward to welcoming you back again next time.