“Comfy & Nice”

Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
South Carolina
“Comfy & Nice”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently stayed at this property as part of a "Girls Weekend" in Asheville. We stayed in a 2BR Condo and had more than enough space for our group (6 of us). It looks like it used to be a condominium or apartment complex that was converted to a hotel. The decor was lovely, and all of the ameneties were great. During checkout, I found out that each unit was privately owned (which I typically don't like, because you never know what you're going to get), but each unit has the same package of furniture, decor, etc. so there's consistency to they quality of accommodations. Very close proximity to the Biltmore, grocery stores, and restaurants. Considering this property for an upcoming return trip to Asheville.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KLSTravels
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us--I'm glad "Girls Weekend" was such a success! "Comfy and nice" is what we're going for. I appreciate all you have to say. We hope to host you again next time you're in Asheville!

Shane Bounds, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel had everything we wanted and at a great price. we were suprised all the space. We stayed in a one bed and had full kitche, fireplace, HUGE bathroom with huge shower and tub and a big king size bed. I would say it was a great place for our romantic christmas get away. The hotel was about a two min drive from the Biltmore front gate and biltmore village! Cant wait to stay there again! I would highly recommend.

3 Thank AliBowes
Thanks for your kind review, Ali. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guests' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so I'm glad you were so pleased with all the amenities we have to offer! We can't wait to welcome you back next time. Take care.

South Carolina
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just returned home from a 3 day trip to Asheville where we stayed at The Residences @ Biltmore. It appears to be a former Condominium complex with several buildings. We had a two bedroom suite on the 4th floor that was almost perfect. The beds, down comforter and pillows were beyond comfortable. Both bathrooms were well appointed and well supplied.
Stainless steel appliances in the full kitchen made for easy mornings. The only things I found the kitchen lacked were a frying pan and a sharp knife. The two that are supplied are well past dull.
We loved the gas fireplace and even the sofa was nap perfect.
Be aware that The Residences are pet friendly, and one of our neighbors had two that barked for three solid hours in the late afternoon. I'm guessing the guests were out of their room. It was still day light so we did not complain but still an annoyance. We love animals, but well behaved animals are much nicer to be around.
I'm giving the service a 4 star instead of a 5 because despite an email from the 24 hour Concierge, when I emailed asking a question before our visit, I received no reply. At check in, even though the question was answered, a mention of the email was waved off. I got the impression that she had no idea what I was talking about. Otherwise, check in, maid service and check out were prompt and courteous.
We loved the rooms so much that we'll be making this our Asheville place to stay.

Room Tip: Walls between units are not as well sound proofed or insulated as they could be, so ask for a room o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gypsywych
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. I appreciate you sharing your favorite amenities. Our guests' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so we work hard to provide everything necessary to enjoy a relaxed, stress-free stay!

I'm glad you'll be returning to see us again. We're proud to be your go-to place in Asheville! I look forward to next time.

Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

First, let me say that my wife and I loved The Residence at Biltmore. We stayed at the hotel with another couple during the 2012 Christmas holiday. The apartment-style rooms are wonderful: very comfortable, great kitchen, amazing bathroom, very convenient, etc.

One word of caution, however: although we and our friends booked the same room type, booked rooms that were adjacent to each other, booked them within about 24 hours of each other, and booked them directly with the hotel (our friends via the web and me via the phone), the rates we were charged were significantly different and ours was different that what was shown on their website.

We discovered the difference after we returned home. I contacted the hotel to see if there was an error of if they could adjust the higher rate. The hotel CSR explained that their rates were adjusted based on occupancy, booking method, etc.; and that she was unable or unwilling to adjust the rate. Her explanation was plausible but very unsatisfactory. I urge you to consider staying at the Residence BUT be very careful to verify that you'll be charged the expected rate.

I'm certain we'll return to Asheville but sad to say that we'll probably look for a new hotel on our next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank TMcChesney
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It's great to hear that you and your wife loved staying with us. Providing you comfort and convenience is what we're all about!

I'm sorry about the confusion regarding the booking process. I'm also sorry that the explanation you received was unsatisfactory. If you would like to discuss the situation further please don't hesitate to reach out. We'd love a chance to put our best foot forward, and we'd love to host you again next time you're in Asheville. Take care.

Baltimore
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a two-bedroom suite (404) for our 2-night stay in December to visit Biltmore, so beautifully decorated for Christmas. The Residences are a great place to be, extremely close to the main gates of the Estate. The suite's amenities were excellent: a very comfortable sitting area, with fireplace, flat-screen TV, doors to balcony, and great kitchen (stainless steel appliances) and dining area in an open-plan setting. The bathrooms and bedrooms were equally well appointed. Car-parking is another great feature of the property, as we could park our vehicle right behind that part of the apartment complex. I can truly recommend the Residences without hesitation as a wonderful place to stay while in Asheville.

Room Tip: As we were three in our group, the 2-bedroom suite was an easy choice. I asked specifically for a to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you commenting on our "excellent" amenities. Providing you with a comfortable, relaxed environment is always our primary concern. Thanks for recommending us to your fellow TripAdvisor users. Hopefully we will see you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a romantic New Year's weekend in Asheville at the Residences at Biltmore. This is a lovely property with attentive staff. We enjoyed a bottle of wine in front of our fireplace as we watched snow dust the mountains.

We have two complaints. Otherwise, our stay would have been flawless.

1. The Property provides down bedding in all rooms. I am allergic to down, however, and had to strip the bed on arrival. We called housekeeping for replacement pillows and blankets. Pillows were great, but we received two thin and obviously stained blankets as a replacement for the comforter. I would advise Residences to consider hypoallergenic bedding options that fit the feel of the property.

2. We read in other reviews that noise can be an issue, so we were pleased to be given a suite on the highest floor. Our first night was quiet and wonderful. The second night, our neighbors arrived. Their TV must have shared a wall with our headboard. We could hear every word of Rihanna "Diamonds" as well as our neighbor singing along. We called the front desk, who had some success with requesting that our neighbors turn down the volume. However, it was still impossible to sleep in our bedroom until well after 1:30AM. The last time I had a night of sleep this terrible, I lived in an apartment that cost less per month than our suite did per night (next to three grad students obsessed with Shakira). Not sure what to suggest on this front. My husband and I were remarking before heading to bed that we loved Residences at Biltmore and planned to return. It appears despite the best efforts of the Residences staff, the quality of our stay was ultimately determined by our neighbors.

1 Thank Rachel H
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Asheville, and thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor, Rachel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our "lovely" property. Your satisfaction is always our primary concern!

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some constructive feedback. I'm sorry that we could not offer you a better alternative to the down comforter. Your comfort is crucial to us, so thanks for pointing this out.

I'm also sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted by your neighbors. Next time, don't hesitate to ask to switch rooms. Like I said, your comfort and satisfaction is crucial to us. I hope you'll be back to see us again in the future. We'd love a chance to show you a five-star experience! Take care.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a wonderful time staying at The Residences at Biltmore! The accommodations were spacious, clean, and very well kept.The perfect location for visiting The Biltmore and downtown Asheville. My husband and I will be returning this spring for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for sharing your experience. Our guests' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so the team will be thrilled to see this. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the spring. Take care.