First, let me say that my wife and I loved The Residence at Biltmore. We stayed at the hotel with another couple during the 2012 Christmas holiday. The apartment-style rooms are wonderful: very comfortable, great kitchen, amazing bathroom, very convenient, etc.
One word of caution, however: although we and our friends booked the same room type, booked rooms that were adjacent to each other, booked them within about 24 hours of each other, and booked them directly with the hotel (our friends via the web and me via the phone), the rates we were charged were significantly different and ours was different that what was shown on their website.
We discovered the difference after we returned home. I contacted the hotel to see if there was an error of if they could adjust the higher rate. The hotel CSR explained that their rates were adjusted based on occupancy, booking method, etc.; and that she was unable or unwilling to adjust the rate. Her explanation was plausible but very unsatisfactory. I urge you to consider staying at the Residence BUT be very careful to verify that you'll be charged the expected rate.
I'm certain we'll return to Asheville but sad to say that we'll probably look for a new hotel on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residences at Biltmore is an all-suite luxury hotel located in Asheville, North Carolina. This beautiful hotel is set on top of a hill surrounded by timeworn hardwood trees, just outside the gates of the Biltmore Estate in South Asheville. Convenient to Asheville and all of the most sought-after tourism destinations, restaurants and shopping, The Residences at Biltmore is the perfect accommodation for nearly any occasion. Whether you are looking for a unique family vacation destination, a weekend retreat with friends, a romantic mountain getaway or an outdoor adventure, it is the perfect place to enjoy the tranquility of the mountains of North Carolina. Guests may select from Studio, One, Two, and Three Bedroom luxury suites depending on their individual needs. Designed to create a unique "home suite home" experience, each suite features flat-screen televisions, designer bed linens, whirlpool baths, gas fireplaces, private balconies and full kitchens. The on-site health and fitness center is equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, and our outdoor recreation area contains a seasonally heated pool, hot tub and fire pit. Our exclusive concierge service can help with anything you need throughout the duration of your stay, from arranging transportation services, babysitting, pet-sitting, dry cleaning, gift delivery and grocery shopping to making restaurant reservations, salon and spa appointments or golf tee times. We also offer in-room massage therapy services so guests can experience pampering and relaxation without leaving the comfort of their suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your The Residences at Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Asheville
- Residences At Biltmore Hotel Asheville