“Rainy Day”

Asheville's Fun Depot
Ranked #58 of 194 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 65,000 square feet of family friendly fun! Mini-Golf, Mini-Bowling, Laser Tag, Indoor and Outdoor Go-Carts, Lazer Frenzy, Atomic Rush, over 100 Arcade Games, full-service Sports Cafe, Coffee Bar, Children's Soft Play and Inflatables. Voted #1 for Birthday Parties, #2 for Best Mini-Golf, #2 for Best Hangout for Teens and Tweens, #2 for Best Rainy Day Activity in Asheville, NC!
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Since mountain biking was a wash out, we decided to take in some fun at the Fun Depot off of Exit 51 of Route 40 east of Asheville. After paying for three unlimited passes for two boys and an adult, I was already in the whole for around $100. Then they told me that the arcade games weren't included so I had to purchase credit on game cards that the boys could then swipe to play the games which range from .75 cents to $2. Then we found out that you had to be 18 to drive the go-carts....who knew. This was one of the reasons we went with the unlimited passes. Simply put, this is a money pit. On a positive note....my boys did like the laser tag and bowling.

1  Thank Kevin W
There are newer reviews for Asheville's Fun Depot

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I've been going here for as long as I can remember. I love it, even though it can be a bit pricey. The food is good, but expensive. Me and my friends can spend a few good hours there. We used to play the laser tag for hours, it's a good workout! There are many arcade games for all ages. It get's a little boring after you have been there so many times. You can easily spend over 100 dollars in one day here.

2  Thank Julianna J
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My students went to the Fun Depot on their last night of their missions trip. They had an AWESOME time!! The staff was so nice and did a great job at making them feel welcomed. We had the place pretty much to ourselves as it was a Thursday night, and my kids had the opportunity to go on everything multiple times. We had such a great time!!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We took a family member here for her birthday. We got a little lost trying to find it even with the GPS so we only got to play around for about an hour. I liked the fact that there were not many broken games which is often a problem at other arcades we have visited. The employees were very friendly.

1  Thank e_snipes28717
Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you've taken the time to come visit lovely Asheville, there are so many better destinations than Fun Depot! I take my kids here during the Winter on those days when you've just been looking at gray skies for a week and think you may go crazy if you don't get out of the house. We go only during school hours (we're homeschoolers) to avoid crowds, and it's tolerable. It's the basic loud games, junky prizes, etc. The little kids area is kind of fun, except they recently changed the rules that parents can no longer go in the tunnels to play with their kids, and that area costs extra anyhow.

They have a junk-food restaurant (soda, nachos, etc) and the 10 Commandments painted very large on the wall.
Unless it's raining and you've done everything else in Asheville on your visit, I'd skip over this one. If you do go, try to avoid the weekend birthday-party rush.

1  Thank Julie H