“upstairs is great for young kids”

Asheville's Fun Depot
Ranked #57 of 194 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 65,000 square feet of family friendly fun! Mini-Golf, Mini-Bowling, Laser Tag, Indoor and Outdoor Go-Carts, Lazer Frenzy, Atomic Rush, over 100 Arcade Games, full-service Sports Cafe, Coffee Bar, Children's Soft Play and Inflatables. Voted #1 for Birthday Parties, #2 for Best Mini-Golf, #2 for Best Hangout for Teens and Tweens, #2 for Best Rainy Day Activity in Asheville, NC!
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We almost missed the best part! We stopped here with our three year old and the first floor really didn't offer much as she is too young for putt putt or arcade games. We tried the mini bowling, but she just wasn't interested. However, then we found the upstairs! It is just for kids under 5 years old and has some of those penny machines that you find outside of grocery stores. The real draw is the indoor playground area upstairs. They have two HUGE playground sets (like you find at a fast food restaurant) with numerous tunnels, slides, nets, etc. They also have two large inflatable jump houses. It only cost $5.95 for one child and they let you play as long as you want. They even let small adults (under 130 lbs) go thru the playground sets(but not the jump houses) with young kids to help them climb. We had a blast! We ended up spending close to 2 hrs upstairs and were almost the only people up there. If you have young kids, don't miss the second floor!

I did notice the ten commandments and a few signs with scriptures. I thought it was a bit odd, but just ignored it. None of the staff seemed to push any sort of religious agenda and there weren't any big paintings of religious figures that I noticed.

2  Thank mamaneedsavacay
There are newer reviews for Asheville's Fun Depot

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Took two grandsons (ages 13 and 14) again. They love this place. I love that there is a Christian atmosphere, but haven't actually checked out the ownership. I like the scriptures posted everywhere and believe it is one of the few wholesome, clean places you can take kids where they aren't exposed to the "garbage" that seems to be everywhere these days. There were no obnoxious t-shirts, language, etc. Family entertainment is hard to find. You can spend a few bucks in a short time. I had printed the coupon from the internet, but you actually get a better deal without the coupon. The facility is clean and staff were friendly. A great place to spend the afternoon.

3  Thank FrequentTraveler0308
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

It is fine if your kids are really bored on a rainy day. But know that there is not much to do and most of the video games are in fact broken as a previous reviewer mentioned. I will not be back.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I took my kids while I was on vacation and was very upset to find that inside was similar to a christian church. The 10 commandments were on the wall right where you walk in and there were many places where their religious beliefs were posted. I am not a Christian and felt uncomfortable. Luckily my kids can't read yet so I let them stay and play for a little while. Let parents decide to take their children to church. Putting things like this in fun establishments is like a pedifile having pockets full of candy. Its indoctrination of children at its finest.

21  Thank enbrannon
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited this place tonight and I have to say I was not impressed. There were some broken games that were clearly marked, but we lost our money on one that wasn't marked. The air hockey table didn't calculate all of the goals correctly. The mini golf course was fun, we enjoyed the holes that were in the black light room.
Overall, my daughter had fun, and that's what was important.