“Great deal on lobster dinners!”
Review of The Lobster Trap

The Lobster Trap
Ranked #31 of 784 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Since its opening in 2005, The Lobster Trap has been Asheville's premier seafood restaurant, and with good reason. The menu only features fresh seafood caught by trusted domestic purveyors and prepared in ways that showcase the delicate flavors and textures of fish, lobster, crabs, shrimp, oysters and clams. Located in a beautifully renovated historic building in the heart of downtown Asheville, The Lobster Trap features live entertainment from local musicians every night. To that, add locally brewed Oyster House beers, craft cocktails, seafood-friendly wines and southern hospitality and you have The Lobster Trap's formula for success.
Broadview Heights, Ohio
“Great deal on lobster dinners!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our second visit to The Lobster Trap. They were advertising a special on whole lobster dinners: 2 dinners with 4 sides for a very reasonable price. Our server immediately volunteered to break down our whole lobsters - she was great! Good choice of side dishes, great wine list. My husband very much enjoyed his appetizer of raw oysters. I'm sure we'll visit there again.

Davenport, Iowa
“mmmm good”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really had a great meal and enjoyed the atmosphere. Tables were close but we started up some conversations with others there and laughed a lot! the food was really good. I would surely go again and recommend.

Visited April 2013
BAY VILLAGE
“Stopped here because I heard the lobster bisque was good”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Bartender was personable. Restaurant gets lobster fresh from Maine. Served Dark and Stormy drink which I had been seeking our whole 10 day vacation. Finally found a place that served it. My husband and son had their shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were huge and steamed with the shell on. They served it with drawn butter and cocktail sauce. Delicious. It was crowded early and the whole restaurant smelled delightful with many tables enjoying a lobster dinner.

Visited March 2013
michigan
“Second visit as good as the first”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We love The Lobster Trap. The service was excellent with southern hospitality. The food was fantastic. The beer very tasty. My wife had the shrimp and grits which were very tasty. I had the crab cakes which were also excellent. The best thing? The service was very friendly and fast. Our waitress was very honest about her favorites and tips on beer and the menu. And her recommendations were right on spot. Highly recommend. We were there on a week night when they had live music. The music was just the right volume so you could have a good conversation. Good, eclectic mix of people.

1 Thank michigantraveler05
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“bad from start to finish”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My experience at the Lobster Trap sucked. I will note that our waitress was very pleasant and nice, but everything else sucked. We were skipped over somehow by the hostess during our hour and a half wait and when I confronted the hostess she said we would be the next table to be seated and she wasn't sure how we were skipped over. We then proceeded to watch two tables be seated in front of us, once again confronting the hostess she said that their buzzers had already gone off so she could not ask them to wait...one of the tables had came in about an hour after my girlfriend and I had received our buzzer. At this point the only thing keeping us at the restaurant was my want to try their signature oyster stout from their in house brewery. Once we were finally seated I order my oyster stout...only to be informed that they did not have any oyster stout...how do you not have your signature beer? So at this point in the night we are stuck and its to late to go to another restaurant. While waiting to order we see the table next to us have their meal served and sent back because the kitchen messed something with the order up. So we order and receive our food...my girlfriend had ordered a lobster bisque, we both tried it and it was horrible, not really sure what it was. I notice that my side of lobster Mac n cheese wasn't served with my meal, ask about it and eventually get it. Only to find 2 little pieces of lobster..literally two pieces. This was a very disappointing trip and I will make sure to steer anyone away from this restaurant. Not sure how it was voted best seafood...must not be any other seafood places

• Visited April 2013
thelobstertrap, Owner at The Lobster Trap, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with detailed feedback on your visit. I am so sorry that you had a negative experience.

My sincere apologies for the mix-up on being seated. Please know that this will be addressed with the staff. At the very least, you should have been offered complimentary drinks and/or appetizers.

I also apologize that the Moonstone Stout was not available. We are in the process of moving the brewery to a new location in West Asheville. This new facility will increase our capacity so that we will have all of our Oyster House beers available at all times. The new location should be up and running by June 2013. In the interim, many of our beers have been unavailable.

Since the lobster mac & cheese is an optional side dish and not a main course, it does not contain large pieces of lobster meat. The lobster is added to the sauce.

We are constantly changing our menu and recipes and do hope you will try us again. It is our policy to either exchange any food time that is not to your liking or remove it from your bill.

Thank you again for your feedback. We highly value your comments.