“Enjoyed our dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Since its opening in 2005, The Lobster Trap has been Asheville's premier seafood restaurant, and with good reason. The menu only features fresh seafood caught by trusted domestic purveyors and prepared in ways that showcase the delicate flavors and textures of fish, lobster, crabs, shrimp, oysters and clams. Located in a beautifully renovated historic building in the heart of downtown Asheville, The Lobster Trap features live entertainment from local musicians every night. To that, add locally brewed Oyster House beers, craft cocktails, seafood-friendly wines and southern hospitality and you have The Lobster Trap's formula for success.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Enjoyed our dinner”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Lobster Trap is located n Downtown Asheville and is in a narrow but long space. It makes for interesting atmosphere and you feel like you're in a cozy environment since none of the dining areas feel like a big open room. We had acoustic entertainment that night that added to the ambiance. We were there on a quiet Monday night in November. Monday's was half off wine bottle night so we ordered a bottle of Riesling. We started with appetizers of Lobster toast that was delicous and each had a cup of bisque that was to die for. We split our dinner which was Risotto and enjoyed that very much. Brandon was our server and was very cordial and prompt with everything. With the discount it came to $63.00 before tax & tip. We would definitely go back if we're in Asheville again.

• Visited November 2012

Abingdon VA
“Oyster Happy hour!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The last time I was here was a while back now. Wow, like 3 1/2 years! Anyhow, there used to be an oyster happy hour. I'm a sucker for oysters. I'm an oyster sucker. Oysters are said to be aphrodisiac. That night my younger daughter was conceived. That's why it was so easy for me to figure out the last time I was there. Anyhow, the oysters here are fresh! I hear good things about the rest of the food. Service was friendly, beer was cold.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Yum!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I went to The Lobster Trap for dinner on a Friday night. It was delicious and the service was great! We started with the scallops wrapped in bacon appetizer. The maple syrup was a nice touch, adding just enough sweetness. My husband had the lobster roll with lobster mac n' cheese and I had the King crab legs with mashed potatoes and grilled corn. Everything was great! I look forwad to visiting again on our next trip to Asheville.

Visited March 2013
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Wow! Nice Lobster Newburg”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Good Service and Good Food! Location is right in the Heart of Asheville, North Carolina. One of North Carolina's nicest downtown settings.

Visited March 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Surf and Turf in the high turf”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went to The Lobster Trap with friends almost a year ago, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that the lobster was flown in from Maine—where I guess it's called lobstah—by a childhood friend of the owner who is in the lobsterman business. Needless to say it's fresh as anything you'll find in Vegas, and you don't have to travel out to the desert (or up to the rocky Maine coastline) to get it!

• Visited April 2012