“Lovely!”

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My wife and I ate at Fig Bistro for our 10th anniversary this past weekend. Special Occasion dinners can be difficult because the pressure to have everything go well on your special night can get in the way of the relaxation and enjoyment of the evening. We had never been to Fig before but chose it based on it's online reviews and had our fingers crossed that it would do well for our anniversary. Fig Bistro did not disappoint in any way.

From the time we arrived the hostess was very welcoming and made sure we had a nice little table by the window. The atmosphere is sparse, but cozy with both indoor and outdoor seating available. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and very polite. We each had a salad and entree and we both were very happy with the creativity of the dishes, the presentation of the plates and flavor of our food. Our server offered us a complimentary dessert for the occasion. We had the Pots de Creme and loved it! We would highly recommend Fig Bistro for anyone looking for a creative and delicious meal for any occasion.

2  Thank metafarmer

Reviewed September 16, 2009

My wife and I along with another couple had dinner in early September. Everything about the restaurant was impressive. The quality of the food and the preparation were outstanding. The duck breast was the perfect dish. The waiter was so knowledgeable he even knew which wine paired well with the duck.
If ever we're near Asheville we would make a stop to have dinner here again.

1  Thank sigold
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I found the Fig Bistro via tripadvisor. From the moment we walked into Fig Bistro, I knew it was going to be a great experience. The restaurant is on the smallish side, but in a good way. Decor was simple, but elegant. We were greeted by the one of the owners and warmly welcomed and seated. From then on the service was warm and friendly, the server was helpful answering questions about he menu and not bothered at all to take a photo of us!

The food, well, what can I say, fabulous. Fresh, relevant and nicely presented. Each bite was followed by each of us commenting "YUM"! Desert did not disappoint either. It was really just a super nice lunch and we cannot wait until our next trip to Asheville in November!!!!

1  Thank DalTraveler
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Called at the last minute and they were able to seat us outside without a wait on Saturday at 7:00. Food was excellent, and we are hard to please. Salad and soup were perfect. My wife had a very nice macaroni and cheese, which we prefered to my halibut. Flavors came through nicely. Service was very friendly and quick. Location was fine, but inside perhaps nicer as building is not uber-fancy outside.

2  Thank ascrrc53
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My husband and I were in Asheville last week and ate at the Fig Bistro three times, as we so enjoyed it. The restaurant was recommended to us by someone who had eaten there for lunch, so the next day we ate there for lunch. I had the lemon-lime risotto with rock shrimp and the flavours were stunning, I could have eaten another plate. My husband has the signature dish of farfalle with bolognese sauce, which he commented was absolutely delicious, for him to compliment the food is quite something. We then had dinner there the next night, (Wednesday). I had rock shrimp cakes with creme fraiche and shredded cucumber. My husband had the duck confit with frisee salad and poached egg and walnut vinaigrette. For the main course I had the pork tenderloin with lentils and fig and charcuterie with a shallot jus. My husband had the duck breast with fennel and leek compote and orange gnocchi and rosemary jus. Everything was cooked perfectly. Also Wednesday nights are half priced bottles of wine. We decided to eat there on Thursday night, which was our last evening in Asheville. All we did was swap the starters we had the night before, but decided that we so enjoyed the main course the previous night that we would have the same again. We were not disappointed, it was just as good as it had been the night before. The flavours, textures and presentation are amazing. The service staff changed each time we were there, all of them were fantastic. They were very friendly and helpful even on the Wednesday evening which was incredibly busy, they still managed to keep their cool and keep everyone topped up with water and wine. Treavis the owner was always there working as well and is a great guy. We have eaten in many fine restaurants around the world and have to say this is one of the best, we would thoroughly recommend Fig Bistro.

2  Thank truefoodie64