“If You Enjoy Mussels & Frites......This is the Place to go!!”
Review of Fig Bistro

Fig Bistro
Ranked #26 of 832 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is my second review of Fig Bistro, but have eaten there on many occasions, and on everyone left more satisfied than the last time! It is located in a very unlikely setting, among condos, shops, and within a short distance from warehouses, etc. But don't be put off, the Fig Bistro is EXCELLENT. My favorite dish, and one I find hard not to order every time I go there, is their mussels and frites. The mussels are cooked differently each time, and are always delicious, as well as bountiful! And I really enjoy their frites, which are topped with ground, fresh parmasan and sprinkled with a few herbs. All the food my family and I have enjoyed at the Fig Bistro has been outstanding. You are truly missing out if you don't give it a try. Parking is at a premium and be sure not to park in a place around the building designated for private parking. There are other businesses and condos in the building and close by that have reserved parking.
In warmer weather, they also have outdoor seating which is very nice.

1  Thank gdt655

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The first time we came, it was ladies-who-lunch time. We were pleasantly surprised by our tasty sandwiches and enjoyed chatting with the owner. The half grilled cheese and soup was really good. Nothing beats a well executed grilled cheese. The pastrami ruben with choucroute was exceptionally tasty. On our second visit (New Year's Eve) the crowd was much more varied. The noise level was good even though the place was very busy. We enjoyed the beet salad with oranges and brandade croquettes appetizers. The best dish was the chicken breast with sweet potato puree and braised chestnuts. Adult comfort food! We also enjoyed the steak over shitake mushrooms and bordelaise sauce. The only low point was the apple tart - it was bland. The bay leaf ice cream served with it was an unusual flavor. Service was very good - and they were really busy.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Beautiful little bistro tucked away in downtown Asheville, not too far from the entrance to The Biltmore estate. Our dinner was superb. Their chicken breast with ricotta gnocchi, escarole, and house-made tasso was one of the best chicken entrees I have ever eaten. My teenager really enjoyed the Macaroni Gratin which included applewood bacon. My husband had a succulent steak. About $100 for three (including tip, excluding liquor).

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This little gem of a restaurant is well worth including in your trip to Asheville. We had a wonderful meal, started with a beet salad, which we shared. Beet salad may sound dull but this one was delightful. A chicken breast in a lovely light broth & crusted flounder were the main courses - both sensational. And dessert was an incredible pear concoction, which we loved.
I cannot say enough about the waitress, she was helpful but not intrusive - really sweet. It's very small so make sure you reserve but try not to miss it.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a delicious lunch at The Fig on Nov. 21st. The beet soup was creamy and delicious , capturing the essence of fresh beet flavor. The salmon with warm potato salad was perfectly cooked. The service was wonderful - very few places can you get such a lovely lunch at a reasonable price considering the quality of food and the excellent service.