“Excellent as always”

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner last night at Fig, and as usual it was a fantastic meal. For me, a trip to Asheville is not complete without having dinner at Fig at least once. The place was busy, but the service was great. We had the pork belly appetizer, duck confit and frisee salad, sea bass, and pot de creme. All were exceptional in preparation and execution, as well as flavor. I only wish Fig were in my city so I could eat there more often. I highly recommend Fig to everyone.

There are newer reviews for Fig Bistro

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My two children and I went to Fig Bistro for dinner. It was late, about 9 p.m. after we went hiking in the Pisgah forest and not many places had availability. The restaurant is located in a shopping plaza/building, so it's a little difficult to find. We ate outside in the cute little courtyard. My son had the chicken breast and said it was the best chicken he'd ever eaten. I had the seafood risotto. It was also delicious. My daughter had the heirloom tomato salad and liked it very much. The truffle french fries were very good, but my daughter is a teen and has a more sophisticated palate then my son who didn't enjoy them. The waitress was very nice and attentive. We got some desserts to go...a chocolate pudding, a bread pudding, and a panna cotta. They were all delicious!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went here for brunch last Sunday. After viewing their website I was expecting something more creative than what was offered. The menu was quite ordinary, offering nothing unusual from the typical brunch fare you can get just about anywhere: 2 eggs any way you want with bacon, toast, and potatoes; French toast; steak and eggs; Mac and cheese with salad; quiche. My friend and I ordered the French toast which on that day came with fresh blueberries and blueberry syrup. The plate arrived with a bare minimum of syrup, so the toast was a bit dry. But, when I asked for some extra syrup our server immediately brought more and that helped. It was satisfying, but I was not overwhelmed. On the plus side the place is small and intimate without feeling overcrowded. Service was excellently efficient. They served a hibiscus ice tea which was very refreshing and our server refilled the glasses as often as we wished. Perhaps I need to return at a different meal time to see what the kitchen is capable of. That might change my overall rating. Our first visit yielded enough pluses that I would be willing to give it another try.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Fig Bistro is a small restaurant outside of the Biltmore Estate. A great choice for either lunch or dinner. Everything from the mussels to the risotto and the Panna Cotta are exceptional, even the bib lettuce salad was mouth watering. The food is by far some of the best we've experienced. If you're a wine lover will you love and appreciate their wine list too. A must do when in Asheville.

1  Thank Barrelreserve
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fig is one of my favorite restaurants in Asheville. It's not a chain restaurant, but rather a place that the owners dreamed about opening for years. It shows. It's located in Historic Biltmore Village near many unbelievable shops. The food, service, and owners are all great. Give it a try...you won't be sorry.