“Phenomenal” 5 of 5 stars

Fig Bistro
Ranked #43 of 738 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Vegetarian, French, American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Reston, Virginia USA
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place is phenomenal! We relied on others' ratings and picked this place for dinner on Friday night. Oh, thank you other raters!!! Husband had the Farfalle Bolognese, I had the Macaroni Gratin (features applewood smoked bacon and gruyere, emmentaler, and 2 other cheeses in the sauce). Neither of us would give the other a bite until I, regrettably, got full and let him finish my dish. Both were excellent, and so flavorful in a traditional way yet with something extra. We had the Bibb Lettuce Salad with Manchego cheese as a starter and I loved it. I'm going to attempt to recreate both the salad and the macaroni dish at home, only because I was unable to persuade the staff at Fig to open another location near my house! As a testament to the fabulous flavor, on Saturday at lunchtime, we had to choose a location for our last meal in Asheville. We aren't fans of repeating, so we bravely chose another venue and went there. The funny thing is how HAPPY we were this other place had a wait; we looked at each other and said "Fig Bistro?" Yes, we beat feet back there for a repeat, splendid performance. Perfect and memorable meal.

Facts: They have a courtyard for outside dining when the weather accommodates. Reservations are encouraged. The price is very fair for the quality, quantity, and service they provide. Don't miss this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

“Old Stand By Continues to Satisfy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

One of my wife's favorite lunch places in Asheville. The ceasar salad with salmon is outstanding, the deviled eggs are always a treat, and the staff is very attentive. To be fair we have only eaten dinner here twice but have dined here for lunch on many occasions. The brunch on Sunday has a different menu that has more of a breakfast twist. Just a good solid place to dine for lunch.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Georgia
“Perfect anniversary dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent our 47th anniversary in Asheville and chose Fig based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was one of our most memorable meals in a long time. The place is small and intimate, but also warm and welcoming. The small staff was welcoming while managing to be both friendly and efficient. They gave us excellent advice and information about menu items and pairings.

The menu is just large enough to offer interesting, well-priced options without being overwhelming. The salads were delightfully fresh, as though the greens were just picked. I relished every bite of a unique and perfectly prepared risotto while my husband was very happy with his steak. I appreciated our server's help selecting a modestly priced wine to pair with my entree. My husband passed on dessert, but I couldn't resist the panna cotta flavored with kaffir lime. It was a heavenly ending to a memorable meal! Fig will definitely be on our short list next time we visit Asheville.

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Only Great Coffee in NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went for Sunday brunch and enjoyed every bit of the experience. Casually elegant style, personable and attentive service, and a menu full of delightful sounding brunch options. My "breakfast" choice, read bacon and eggs, was excellent with fab, thick-sliced bacon and the quiche choice was rich and delicious. I loved the style, the relaxed pace, and the ambience. And this was the absolutely only great brewed cup of coffee I had in all of NC.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank KeliDC
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Nestled in Biltmore Village, Fig offers indoor and outdoor seating steps away from upscale shops. Great menu and wine offerings. Treat yourself to lunch at Fig after a hard morning's shopping.

Visited April 2013