“Do not go if you are really hungry”
Review of Fig Bistro

Fig Bistro
Ranked #52 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Burlington, Vermont
“Do not go if you are really hungry”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Fig for dinner. The food was very good. Service was good too. The portions were very tiny. I ordered he steak with tater tots and a poached egg. The tater tots were the tiniest I have ever seen. Equaled about a table spoon. My husband ordered the chicken with two sticks of asparagus. Our appetizer was bread with ricotta cheese and radishes. One radish and a smear of cheese. So basically we paid $8 for five pieces of bread and a smear of cheese. The whole bill was over $60 for child portions of food.

1 Thank DianaSheltra

Asheville
“Tucked Away”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Quiet little restaurant in Biltmore Village. Never had a bad meal. Food is excellent but be warned portions are a little small. But if you want a lighter fare - this could be a good choice.

Visited December 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Wow and more wow! A very blustery rainy Sunday drove us to seek shelter from the stiff breezes. We were lucky to get a table and even luckier to be served promptly wonderful food. I don't recall what my friends had but they cleaned their plates. I had the special which was seared scallops perfectly and imaginatively prepared. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

The Woodlands, Texas
“All hits with one miss....”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Who can resist a real French waiter? Generous wine by the glass...enjoyed the German whites. The mussels in wine and garlic appetizer...outstanding! Chilled leek and roasted pepper soup...delicious. The salad looked fresh from the farm, with dried cherries, goat cheese and a balsamic cherry reduction artfully arranged on the plate. My Schnitzel was not available, so they substituted pork tenderloin. That was the miss, very tasteless. They quickly changed out my order for shrimp risotto with coconut milk. Outstanding. Dessert was panacotta with raspberry sherbet, pot de creme, and bread pudding--very buttery but a bit dry for me.

Southborough, Massachusetts
“Awesome fois gras!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner here. I had a fois gras appetizer which was excellent with a pork loin entree. My wife had scallops which were very good but there were only 3. More would have been better and she is not a big eater. It is a smallish place with a very nice ambience. If you go there don't trust your GPS. We were off by a block. We called twice and finally the owner had to come out on the sidewalk to flag us down. This minor inconvenience was definitely worth it.

Visited May 2013