“Delicious food”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Our party had the beef bourguignon, the steak au poivre, and the steak frites, and all were excellent. The vegetables with the steaks contained some of the tastiest sprouts we had ever had, and the frites were incredible. The steak was done perfectly, and the nice wine flavor of the beef was very nice.

Service was attentive, but not overly so, and we were able to enjoy our meals in peace and quiet. Under $20 for a bottle of nice house white was also very nice.

Highly recommended for French bistro food in Asheville.

2  Thank StymieG
Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed January 6, 2009

We were in Ashville last time for 3 nights. We ate at Bouchon the first night and then again on the 3rd. The mussels were amazing, as was the steak au poivre (pepper steak) and the pommes frites with the garlic mayo. Felt like being at a bistro in france.
wine choices were good, and not overpriced.
The onion soup was good (not great)-- we did not order that again.
Charming place. We sat outside in the alley under the lights the first night and then inside the second time we dined. It was a bit loud inside but it was fully packed. they don't do reservations so be prepared to wait on the weekends.
There are a lot of great restaurants in Asheville but so far this is our favorite.

1  Thank greensboro
Reviewed December 31, 2008

It was all you can eat night. Very nice. Really nice $20/bottle of wine

2  Thank Steveramble
Reviewed December 24, 2008

The Asheville dining scene is quality and competitive, and I feel Bouchon has put itself near the top.

Bouchon is located ideally in downtown Asheville, and situated in a long, narrow pad that makes for a more intimate atmosphere, which I love. The bar is well stocked and extremely inviting for a pre-dinner cocktail. The kitchen is partially open, and depending on your table, you'll be able to see each and every dish that's ordered since the pass-through is located along the left side of the dining area. Altogether, coupled with a smaller, narrow dining room, this makes for a more upbeat atmosphere. Overall, it's extremely warm and inviting.

From the bartender to the wait staff, everyone is extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. They are willing and able to recommend wines with all food selections, and they are visibly passionate about the product they are serving. Additionally, with each meal I have enjoyed at Bouchon, the owner has come by to not only my table, but each table in the house to check in. This is a small touch, but I love seeing hands on owner involvement in their restaurant.

The food is delightful. I was turned on to Bouchon because of the Mussels special they run every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (check the website for more info). Essentially it's all you can eat Mussels and all the crusty-soak-up-your-mussels juice-bread you can handle. The mussels have always been delicious, and so has every item I've tried on the menu. Because I (see: my girlfriend) have a favorite, default place for dessert, I have not tried any of Bouchon's, However, from what I have seen (assortment of creme brule, for example), I'm sure it'll match the rest of the menu.

At it's core, Bouchon offers no-fuss quality food and drink in a great atmosphere. I suggest looking at their website, and in particular, the specials they run on Mon, Tues and Wed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I really like their food and wine selection. Spotty service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook