“Great Dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
California
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We went to Asheville for the beer tasting and then we had dinner at Bouchon. It was great. We had Pate for an appetizer and also the Sauter scallops. For the main course we had chicken cordon bleu and Boeuf Borgingnon. We touched it off with a Rose' from Provence.

The food was good, service was good and with a smile. The wait was 1.15 hours. The only thing that made the wait tolerable was their call back service. We went to the nearby brewery and waited for the call.

Hewlett, New York
“Authentic French cafe in the heart of Asheville”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

If the weather is good, make sure you reserve in the outdoor section. It is absolutely charming.
The food was delicious. i really felt that I was in a bistro in Paris or the countryside. They even
were able to serve my six year old grandaughter. She said, "Let's come back here, Grandma.
This from a child who is not a good eater.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Thought I was in Paris”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is a small, quaint restaurant in the heart of Asheville on Lexington. My wife and I wanted to eat here forever, and finally went to eat dinner. We got there at 7 and we waited until 9pm to get a table. It was well worth it! I have had what we all know as Chicken Cordon Blue, but I have never really had this dish until my taste buds felt the wash of deliciousness of the unrecognizable (from American standard) beautiful Cordon Blue that arrived on my plate of heaven. The mushroom pastry was melt in your mouth. This is by far the best French restaurant I have ever been to both in quality and comfortable atmosphere. I travel all over and I mean it, really good and worth the wait. fortunately, there is plenty to see along the street with shops and stuff.
I have been to France and still I think that the Chef has created some of the best tasting standards I have ever had. Upstairs during lunch, they have a creperie that is not to be missed.

• Visited April 2014
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
“ooh la la y'all!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We visited Bouchon after personal and Tripadvisor recommendations. The food was delicious indeed! One thing I love about French food are the delicious sauces, and the rich wine sauce with mushrooms served over our lamb was wonderful! The vegetables were crisp and fresh, providing a healthy side dish.
The restaurant is always busy and noisy, but after mentioning that it was our anniversary, we were given the private table right off the back door, but under cover before the patio seating. This was very nice!!

Beaufort, South Carolina
“You'll Think You're in France”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Inside is a French bistro, busy but somewhat loud. Very popular restaurant. We chose to sit in the outside back terrace, which was perfect. We felt like we were in France. The food for the 4 of us was uniformly delicious: beef bourginon (sp?), all-you-can eat mussels with different sauces, provencal chicken & 2 appetizers: escargot, crab-filled avocado halves. For dessert we had peach melba & crème brulee, yum. Service was superb & Michel Baudouin, the owner-chef, was humble and gracious, visiting every table. Definitely a find. Next visit to Asheville, we'll definitely return.