“Unique French influence in the mountains. As their sign says, Bonjour Yall”
Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Ranked #25 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Unique French influence in the mountains. As their sign says, Bonjour Yall”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Get there early and watch for the days when Bouchon has the all you can eat mussels. They have 4 different preparations that will leave your taste buds happy.

Visited February 2014

North Carolina
“Authentic, Friendly French in Asheville, NC”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Who would have thought such a special restaurant with a terrific and authentic French menu would happen in Asheville! By coincidence we went on a Monday night and found the all you can eat mussels . . . I enjoyed them as an appetizer while my wife had the escargot . . . both were terrific, although the escargot would have been better if served in their shells. For the main dish I had the lamb and my wife had the chicken cordon bleu. . . both were excellent. Charlie, our waiter, was attentive and helpful with suggestions. The chocolate mousse (shared) topped off the evening. We enjoyed the experience so much we bought one of the Buchon wine glasses as a rememberance.

• Visited March 2014
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Good but not Great.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I recently dined here. We had heard that they do not take reservations so we decided to arrive a few minutes early to ensure a seamless in and out experience. They open at 5:30pm and not a minute sooner. There is a very narrow alcove out front to wait which accommodates four or so people and I believe the Creperie which is next door opens earlier and guests can go there to wait as well. They opened the doors at precisely 5:30.

The interior of the restaurant was quite small and the ambiance seemed more Italian to me than French. The atmosphere is casual and there is not really a dress code.

We were promptly seated and our server was courteous but neglected to mention the nightly special (all you can eat mussels for $15) to us, but we weren't interested in the the mussels anyway.

Bread and butter was served while we waited on our appetizers. I ordered the escargot and my husband ordered the French Onion Soup. I was very disappointed in the appetizers. The soup was way oversalted, and the escargot were tough and flavorless.

For an entree, I selected the Chicken Cordon Bleu and he selected Le Steak Frites Bouchon. We were much more satisfied with the entree. The meats were cooked well and the gruyere cheese in the Cordon Bleu gave the entree excellent flavor. The fries are coated with a herb mixture (herbs de provence I believe) and offered a unique flavor.

We were in and out in about an hour. The overall experience was good, but the food was not as good as I had expected based on other reviews. We would probably go back again but would definitely order different appetizers.

• Visited February 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Stuffed!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are all you can eat mussels for $15, it was perfect! Not much else I can say and not much more could be done, we loved it! No reservations so go early!

Visited March 2014
GTA
“The best Frites ever”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We went to Bouchon's on a Tuesday night which was mussel night. The mussels and side frites were terrific. We even ordered an additional frites with a second half-order of mussels because they were so good. We also had the smoked trout salad as a starter. Highly recommended!!
Ambience was pleasant and the owner friendly and very much in attendance talking to guests - especially when waiting for a table (in our case about 10 minutes).

Visited February 2014