“Great steaks”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2008

My brother told our innkeeper that he wanted steak for dinner. They recommended Bouchon and we were happy that they did. Two of us had the pepper steak and two had the garlic steak. All four were cooked to perfection and as requested. They came with delicious thin cut French fries served on the side in a paper cone so as not to get soggy from the sauce on your steak. There were also green vegetables on the plate but we didn’t eat them so that we could save room for the chocolate mousse! The mousse was very rich and quite a large helping. I am glad that two of us shared one portion. Our table was right across from the open kitchen so we could watch the wait staff busily working throughout the night. The seating was a little tight and the noise level was a bit high so sometimes it was hard to hear the conversation at your table. We really enjoyed it and would recommend it to you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed June 24, 2008

After reading other reviews, I decided to try Bouchon while visiting Asheville. Our party sat outside on the patio, which was pleasant, as was the service. I had the French onion soup, which I found to be overly salted (and I like salty foods) and a salad with roasted beets, walnuts and goat cheese that was nothing to write home about. My dining companion had the trout and throughly enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind trying Bouchon's again, but given the number of unique and tasty restaurants in Asheville, I'm not sure this would be at the top of my list on my next visit.

Reviewed June 20, 2008

We are out of towners and stayed in Asheville for 3 days, so we ate at many restaurants (all of which were awesome) but this was hands down the best! The prices are mid range but it is worth it if you are looking for a delicious meal. The menu has more on it than they show online. We had the creme brule after our wonderful meal which was the best ever! It was cozy and packed every night we walked by, which is always a good sign.

1  Thank kimruca
Reviewed April 21, 2008

We ate at Bouchon this past week-end and it was excellent. A pleasant server and suberb escargot. Next we both had the trout which was nicely prepared and very tasty. Of course, for dessert we had to try the African Queen which was as good as others have said. Service was timely and food was wonderful with artful presentations. . We'll dine there again.

Reviewed March 28, 2008

We ate dinner there and we both thought it was great. The bread was served as thinly sliced baguette with butter in a "butter bell" . Very cute. Daughter had steak which was very good (tender, very flavorful) with the frites (fries). The fries are very good and different in that they are very crispy with some kind of herb or spice and served in a separate dish. I had the shrimp and andouille crepe which was excellent and a small bowl of a tomato-based soup. Sorry I don't recall the exact names but it was also very good. For dessert daughter had the "African Queen" which she really liked (bananas/caramel/lime ice cream) and I had the chocolate/strawberry crepe with handmade whipped cream which was great except maybe a little too much chocolate and it was the baker's type (bittersweet). It was also a nice little getaway off the street. No personality from the waitress however. Also, kitchen is somewhat open so it somewhat noisy with some loud crashing and breaking glass at that time. However, it is set up a little more casual (not formal) with a nice bar as well. We would definately go again because the food is great.