“French Bistro was so enjoyable!”
Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Ranked #23 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

After hitting the town we chose to try this place and were very happy. Food great and portions were perfect! If you are a buffet hog don't come here. But if you love good food and wine, seating outside like a Parisian street cafe, conversations with fellow diners, this is the place! Loved it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

It was my first trip to Bouchon, but my associate had been here often. I went along with his recommendation & I'm so glad I did. I travel every week & few places impress me like this one did.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good food, good wines, very nice staff, lovely place, it is worth trying it. We were on the road to SC, with a stop in Asheville, and Bouchon was definitely the relevant place to dine for the Frenchies we are ! We recommend it.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Bouchon is a favorite of mine - great escargot, mussels, the frites, are all so good! The wine is good. Ambience ... you feel like you're in a "locals" café on a side alley in Paris. But no AC, so it can get pretty hot in the summer. And they don't take reservations, so if you're not in a hurry and don't mind lingering over a glass (or two) of wine, it won't be a problem. If you ARE on a schedule of some kind, though, get there early - "early" as in 5:45PM "early". Michele, the owner, is a lovely Frenchman from Lyon (I think) - his big, booming voice as he greets his guests is part of the fun. Bouchon is always a fun evening.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

All I have to say is I am finally glad I went to Bouchon the back patio gives a feel of definitely being some where in Paris . The servers are great and very nice to help with any questions or concerns if you are not very knowledgable about items. Will definelty be back for some steak frites.