“Faboulous French Bistro experience”
Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Ranked #20 of 811 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We found this restaurant while, perusing a number of choices in downtown Ashville, and were very intrigued with the reviews we saw. This charming bistro exceeded our expectations. It started with a great helpful server named Debbie, who made great suggestions.

It was Wednesday, so a special they had was all you can eat mussels, with several choices as to how they were prepared. I choose the Mediterranean style with seafood broth, onions and tomatoes with a medium spice. They brought out a bowl of about 3 dozen mussels , that were very flavorful and tender with a broth to die for.

My wife had the special pork medallions with goat cheese mash potatoes wonderful sautéed vegetables. It too was fabulous.

We ened up sharing a African Queen desert of bananas cooked in puff pastry with a rum sauce and topped with coconut ice cream. What can I say, but it was a perfect ending to a great meal.

I would go back here in a heartbeat. Also, dinner without tip, a bottle of wine, and a glass of port was just under a $100.

Make this a must try restaurant!

Jerry & Margo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The #2 French bistro in USA. In Asheville? Bon Appetite - Yo-all! Great appetizers, menu is vast offerings for every taste, vegan, poultry, beef, veal, pork. Steak au poivre with veggies and frittes is our top choice. Where else in USA? Cocktails very good pour. Super house wines. Intimate atmosphere. Shellie is the super server.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Friends have raved about Bouchon for years, but we didn't think we were into French food and kept putting off trying it.....however now we're mad at ourselves for waiting so long! This is just Great food, French or not! Bartender reco'd a fantastic bottle of wine and from there we went to dinner table. Appetizers to dinner to a die-for dessert make this a restaurant we will keep coming back to time and again. The menu is large and varied and we can't wait to work our way thru each section! Cozy seating, super staff, non-pretentious atmosphere. For all we enjoyed, we thought our bill was more than reasonable. Bouchon has made itself one of our go-to's from here on out! Give it a try - don't be like us and wait, ha!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I haven't eaten much French food, but if it's all like what's served at Bouchon, count me among its fans. I played it safe and had the Croque Monsieur, and I was delighted with what I received. The bread was good, the ham was salty, and the bechamel was wonderfully browned. The accompanying pommes frites were also tasty--crispy and seasoned to perfection. My date had the Truite aux Amandes on a recommendation from the waiter, and he gave rave reviews. While I had my eye on a dessert involving bananas, caramel, and coconut ice cream, I ultimately passed, though the table next to ours was enjoying theirs immensely. Service was good, the atmosphere was fun, and I can't say a single negative thing about this establishment.

1  Thank grace m
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife had a steak that was as good as we have ever had. We went early in the week so I had the mussels special. They were really good. The owner (Michel) came out to check on us and make sure all was well. Great place to eat in Asheville.