“new appreciation for french food”
Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Ranked #23 of 844 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I haven't eaten much French food, but if it's all like what's served at Bouchon, count me among its fans. I played it safe and had the Croque Monsieur, and I was delighted with what I received. The bread was good, the ham was salty, and the bechamel was wonderfully browned. The accompanying pommes frites were also tasty--crispy and seasoned to perfection. My date had the Truite aux Amandes on a recommendation from the waiter, and he gave rave reviews. While I had my eye on a dessert involving bananas, caramel, and coconut ice cream, I ultimately passed, though the table next to ours was enjoying theirs immensely. Service was good, the atmosphere was fun, and I can't say a single negative thing about this establishment.

1  Thank grace m
Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife had a steak that was as good as we have ever had. We went early in the week so I had the mussels special. They were really good. The owner (Michel) came out to check on us and make sure all was well. Great place to eat in Asheville.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Pomme frites, duck and cream brulee flight were all amazing! The servers and bartender were all fantastic as well. French restaurants can sometimes be a little too self-important, but Bouchon is full of very friendly people and priced appropriately. I would absolutely eat here again.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Excellent... location, atmosphere/vibe, service, and food. Monday through Wednesday nights is their steamed mussels special which is all you can eat for $15... awesome unbeatable deal! Also I want to mention that the restaurant is always very well staffed, and our waitress was WONDERFUL. Our evening was a total pleasure! Bouchon is a regular spot for us.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

While visiting Asheville last week we found this restaurant. The atmosphere was wonderful. We had a drink at the bar while waiting for our table and kudos to a great bartender who let us try a sample of Lillet that I was not familiar with. Service was great all around. Our waiter Jonathan was very helpful and had some very good recommendations for our delicious dinner. We enjoyed the food so much we went back the next night as well. Unfortunately we only had two nights in Asheville or we would have been back again. We did however have lunch in their crepery restaurant behind the main restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed that as well. Can't wait to get back to Asheville so we can enjoy another wonderful dinner!