“Bouchon Bistro knows French cuisine”
Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Ranked #23 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States
“Bouchon Bistro knows French cuisine”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our party of 12 received very good service and very good food. My trout almandine was tasty and the side vegetables were perfectly cooked and seasoned; the mussels were wonderful; the duck was delicious. A few party members thought their meals were good but not great. The desserts met all expectations; champagne and wine received no complaints. Due to the size of the party, a 20% gratuity was added to the check - unfortunately Bouchon illegally charged the gratuity on the tax as well. Overall the ambiance and the food were quite good; I would go there again.

• Visited June 2013

Mineola, Texas
“So good I went there three times in one week.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

French Comfort Food!!!!! It's hard to say more. If you only have one night to eat in Asheville, eat here.

I went the first night for the all you can eat mussels. I admit I ate one of each of the different styles offered. It was so good I committed the wonderful sin of gluttony. The wine was great and the service was excellent.

I went back a couple of nights later with a friends and we had the Steak Tartar and the seafood plate, both on special. Crazy good.

I went again the third night with yet more people and had the Lamb Kebobs. It not hard to keep saying the food was again excellent. Probably in my top 3 places to eat.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great experience - Excellent food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting Bouchon - on the recommendation of a friend. It was an excellent experience.When I think about Asheville, I think about going to Bouchon again. The servers were very hospitable and made great recommendations. Although the seating was very close and environment very warm, it did not disstract from our evening. We had a very memorable time there and look forward to our next visit.

• Visited April 2013
“Delightfully delicious”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My friends and I met at Bouchon for their all you can eat mussel night. It was a beautiful evening so naturally we sat outside. The outdoor seating was this pleasantly lit alley in the back. We really enjoyed the alleys atsmophere.
Our server was top notch! Very helpful and knowledgable when selecting a bottle of wine. She had the best pre bussing consistency I have ever experienced. I wish I remembered her name. She was a real pleasure to be around.
I was there for the mussel night but the duck was calling my name and it didn't disappoint. So juicy and flavorful it was. Cooked to perfection!
Over all our dinning experience was very good and we will return!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“And you Meet the Owner Too!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

If this is the only place you eat while in Asheville....GO! local cheese, local beer, frog's legs (optional) and a host of the best french country food i can remember. they have outside dinning but we choose the bar where we received tour tips local gossip and the do's and don'ts of the town.And the owner Michel will stop by and tell you his secret. shhhh....DJ