“A Spa In Asheville: A truly romantic and relaxing getaway”

ASIA Bed and Breakfast Spa
Ranked #15 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2008

My partner and I had never been to Asheville before and we wanted to find a nice relaxing romantic getaway in the mountains. We were so lucky to stumble upon A Spa In Asheville (ASIA) bed and breakfast.

This place is amazing! I must say I was a little skeptical after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, but our experience was nothing like some of the bad reviews listed here.

To be quite honest, I can't figure out why this place received any negative feedback because the staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was personalized and enjoyable for us. David, the innkeeper, has very accomodating and I believe he has really found his calling becuase he really does make the experience wonderful.

The rooms were also very nice. I travel a lot for work and our room was comparable to a 5 star hotel. We stayed in the Java Journey room which was fabulous! Best of all- You couldn't hear anyone in the other rooms.

The breakfast was exceptional as well- my favorite was this pancake/fruit dish that was out of this world!

The spa was a huge bonus. We each had 3 massages (1 each day) and they were great! I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a nice relaxing, calm, and romantic get away for you and yours.

Oh- and downtown Asheville is a great "artsy" type area with a lot of diviersity. We forgot we were in the South because everyone is very accepting of gay/lesbians and their is a great mix of people.

Michael and David
Atlanta, GA

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MikeOinAtl
There are newer reviews for ASIA Bed and Breakfast Spa

Reviewed January 4, 2008

We had a fabulous New Years retreat at Asia. Dave was the perfect host, and the property was lovely. We stayed in the Paris Flea Market room. It was beautifully appointed, had a private entrance, a nice fireplace, a jacuzzi, and a bed we just melted into. The property grounds were beautifully landscaped. We felt very secluded, although we were really in the heart of Asheville. Downtown was only a 5 minute drive, or about a 20 minute walk. We did both. If you are looking for a layed back and relaxing place to stay, this is it.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ttibbs
Reviewed November 30, 2007

We were very uncomfortable here for 2 nights. Our room actually did not have a shower and the owner, told us not to use the whirlpool in our room to actually bathe, i.e., no soap. There was a sign at the whirlpool which reiterated the message! We were supposed to go tho the steam shower to shower with soap. Problem is that the steam room is ajoining the dining room and on a different floor from our room! Likewise, there was no bathtub for my husband and I to use. No shampoo, conditioner, or bar soap was provided. The place was just strange and unwelcoming to us.

There were many many little signs in our room telling us what to do and what not to do-very annoying especially since this place promotes itself as a relaxing spa.

Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank SkyAuction
Reviewed November 4, 2007

After reading the reviews on here I was a little skeptical but this place was amazing. I have been to several bed and breakfasts and this place took first place in my book. The Inn Keeper, David was AMAZING- always there to help us out. He had flowers waiting for us in the room, champagne on ice, reservations for dinners in the area, arranged our spa visits. He was more accomodating than any inn keeper I have ever encountered. The place was very well kept and clean. The food was wonderful. The sauna and steam room are fabulous. Hesper gave one of the best massages I have ever had. Chrystal also gave an unbelievable facial. I will definitely be visiting here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AJGillen
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Asia is a breath of fresh air. If you want to get away from the hustle of your busy life, this is the place to go. It's a great place to re-connect with yourself and/or your partner. The attention to detail is very impressive, you actually will feel as if you are in Asia. The spa treatments were very good as well, proffessionally executed with an individual attention to detail.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank dteague13
Reviewed December 12, 2006

We had such a wonderful time! We couldn't have imagined a more perfect getaway. Patti and Rachael are irreplaceable- our every need was met and we're leaving wishing we could have stayed longer. Very relaxing! Lovely atmosphere. Thank you for an unforgettable experience.

K & J
Gulfport, MS

Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank gypsy1013
Reviewed December 8, 2006

Wow (and not in a good way)- ASIA has done a wonderful job with their marketing; the website makes the "Inn" look like so much more than it could ever possibly be. STAY ELSEWHERE!!! My husband and I visited last Septemeber and were so excited when we finally got to leave to go onto our next destination.

Let's reveal the facts-
1. ASIA is not a member of a professional assosiation. I was not aware of professional associations for B&Bs until the damage was already done. ASIA is NOT a member of any professional association- which means that in some way they don't meet all the requirements to be a member.

2. Peaceful (OR NOT!!!)- if cars wizzing by, people screaming outside, and loud clanky air conditioning is your idea of peace; you will find it here! We couldn't have the windows open and it was the perfect time of year to sleep with window open because of all the noise outside.

3. Oh the smells! - Nevermind the fact that the whole room smelt musty; I found it almost unbearable to use the toilet. We stayed in the Paris Flea Market room and the toilet room absolutely smells of mold from within the walls.

4. Did I mention the narrow shared driveway and small parking area in the back - you may just scrape the side of your car or maybe even wreck it trying to get in and out of this place. ASIA shares a driveway with an Inn next door and it is just not a good situation, because it is only one lane (barely). Just hope you are not arriving when somebody else is leaving or vise versa.

5. The food wasn't that great. They had a tea bar. I have been spoiled by so many other B&Bs that keep snacks out 24 hours a day for the customer's and while small, it is just a nice gesture.

6. Did I mention the rodent that slept on our porch every night! It was a little wierd; the steps to our room were not kept clean - there were dead leaves, cobwebs, and dirt all over the place, which made a nice home for the rodent that moved in right next to the door - ICK!

7, The carpet is stained and not even installed correctly so the carpet pad from under it was exposed and it looked disgusting.

8. The Innkeeper - not sure if she was trying too hard or if it was that she wasn't genuine. I don't know, but one thing I know is that she did not make me feel comfortable in the "Inn" at all. I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life.

9. My final gripe - I booked the three nights we were to stay about 5 weeks prior to going. The owner actually called me about 4 days after I booked my time there and was asking for the rest of my money - still 30 days prior to my arrival.

Don't waste your money; to this day, I still kick myself over wasting that $1000. I could've had so many other things or stayed somewhere nicer for longer for the same amount. There is a large professional spa in Asheville, though I don't recall the name, but the prices are the same, but the atmosphere is SOOO much better. STAY ELSEWHERE!!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family