Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Asheville Downtown
$164
Renaissance Hotels
$135
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$84
Doubletree.com
$137
$119
Hampton.com
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$164
$153
  • Restaurant
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$224
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $255/night.

All reviewscracker barrelfront desktunnel roadindoor outdoor poolcovered parkingfree shuttlenice hotelhotel barking suitepleasant staycontinental breakfastgreat roomshuttle servicehot tubup to datebiltmore estatedowntown
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was the perfect place for us to stay. It is not downtown, but very convenient and easy to get there. I wouldn't attempt to walk it. Very nice desk clerk and she upgraded my room selection to a great sized king suite. My only complaint is, when I registered it stated I was to receive breakfast coupons for being Priority Club. When I got to the room, I had one coupon for a free drink! Not what I wanted, but didn't feel like complaining and let it go.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanager77, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank You for writing a review about your pleasant experience at our hotel. We are happy that you liked the upgrade which you received on your room. We do have some rates available which includes breakfast and unlike Holiday Inn Express, we do not have complimentary breakfast at our hotel. I want to apologize for the misunderstanding and hope that you will keep us in mind on your next stay in Asheville.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We travel a great deal on business and are Holiday Inn Priority members. We stayed at the holiday in because they have a business center. This Holiday Inn is not business friendly. I needed one document printed and the three computers in the business center are set up NOT to print. When I asked at the front desk if I could get the document, which was on a USB drive, printed - the staff and manager said "no" - I would have paid to have the page printed. We left, checked in to the Hampton and used the business center to print. No problem there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hotelmanager77, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank You for posting your concerns about our hotel. We have a third party who monitors our business center computers and we also have some firewalls to protect our equipment as well as safety of our guests devices. If the firewall in the business center detects a threat, it will not open any files from that device. We apologize for any inconveniences you had at our hotel and hope you will keep us in mind for your future stay.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here on business using Priceline. Great rate (60), but not located in downtown Asheville as advertised. It is actually on the other side of the "tunnel" in a commercial district populated with Subway, grocery stores and restaurants. Requires either a long walk back through the tunnel or a car ride to get to the eclectic downtown area of Asheville.

This is a nice place, however, and the staff are a friendly lot. All the right upgrades to the rooms including WiFi which handles Netflix without problems (one of my key rating items). Covered parking is a nice touch, if you arrive early enough to get a spot, otherwise the outside parking appears o be safe. Plenty of restaurants close by, but I would recommend driving, not walking, to them in the evening because of the traffic.

Room had nice appointments, Flat Screen (not HD) TV, nice linens. Bathroom is a bit small, but very clean and fixtures were in good shape.

Good hotel for the Priceline price, but I would not pay the Holiday Inn rack rate, due to the location.

Room Tip: Location is away from the road, so all rooms should be fairly quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hotelmanager77, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank You for posting a review about our hotel. There are two Holiday Inns on Tunnel Road and we are closest to the Downtown (1.5 miles) and therefore given the name to differentiate both of the properties. Please keep us in mind on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I travel a great deal for business and have never been treated so rudely by a hotel staff in my life. Although the location of this hotel is convenient, it's not worth the frustration of dealing with shoddy internet, inconsistent air conditioning and a hotel staff that is both rude and inconsiderate.

After losing my second night's reservation and then stating the hotel was overbooked, I was told my only option was to leave all my belongings on a cart in the hopes that another room might be available. When this option was not acceptable I was told, "if you do not like it, checkout is at 11:00am." Requests to speak to the manager were met with "he's too busy.''

Traveling can be stressful and sometimes there are unexpected circumstances that can add to the frustration. Treating other people rudely, however, is never acceptable.

These days, travelers have many options when it comes to where they stay. In the future, I will stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for posting a review about our hotel. You had booked a reservation for one night only and if you decide to stay the second night and if the room type you were in is not available the second night hotel only have one choice, move you to a different room type which you refused. We tried our best to accommodate you and your needs but we feel that you did not give us a chance. We also have great and caring staff at our hotel and if you feel they were rude to you, I like to apologizes to you and hope that you will keep us in mind for your future lodging needs.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked this hotel because we booked at the last minute and nothing closer to downtown was available. However, this hotel is still quite close to downtown, and there is free parking.

The lady at reception was EXTREMELY nice and friendly, gave us a couple of tips for restaurants and bars, and gave the impression that she was genuinely happy to help us. The lady at checkout was equally friendly. On top of that, our room was upgraded to a suite with a whirlpool, so based on what we paid for what we got, it was great value. The room was very nice and clean, the temperature was good. The only complaint about the room was the very noisy air conditioning unit that would sometimes jump to life and make noise at random times during the night. It was a pretty minor complaint, and we could have slept on the sofa bed in the other room if it was really that bothersome.

The location is not quite downtown, but we were able to walk. It was about 1.4 miles to where the restaurants, bars are.. so if you really hate the idea of walking ~25 minutes (or hate the idea of walking for 5 minutes through a (well lit, well used) tunnel), you need to call a cab or drive. We found it to be a nice way to see part of the city leading up to the bar/resto area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

I like to Thank You for posting a review about our hotel and excellent staff. All of our AC's have thermostats and therefore comes on according to the temperature set in the room by individuals. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us a second chance when you visit Asheville again.