“Amazing and peaceful!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was a little skeptical at first when we arrived at willow winds. The cabins are located behind a residential neighborhood. Thought that was odd. However, when we saw how true to description the cabin was and how clean and nothing to ask for from management for the entire week I was truly astonished. Everyone there was so helpful with anything you wanted to know about the area.
And let me say the area has amazing things to do. Even though our weather that week was just so so that didn't keep us from doing many things. It was definitely worth the 12 hour car trip!! I would highly recommend this trip for peace and quite when you want it and adventure when you want it. This area is beautiful and has everything you are looking for on a vacation. My son just wants to add try navitat for zip lining he can't stop talking about it!!

Room Tip: We stayed at donna's diamond. The waterfall is within view of your deck and you don't have a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
smcleod, Owner at Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

I appreciate your taking the time to write a review on our property. We have so many fountains, that almost anywhere on the property you can enjoy the sound of water and nature. I'm glad you enjoyed Donna's Diamond and we hope you will come back to visit us again soon. The reason for our location is that our property backs up to the Blue Ridge Parkway therefore nothing will ever be built around.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review.

There are newer reviews for Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Best nights sleep of my life. The beds are ridiculous in there! Very clean, very private, out in the woods, but close to everything. Upon checking in, you may rent (for free) a book or movie if you decide to stay in. The cabins are modern, but still feel woodsy. Pond is stock with trout, the redworms worked best for us when fishing. We planned a weekend getaway in the spring and it was just amazing. Still chilly outside, so the fire was perfect for a rainy cool evening in :) The cabins are crazy close to everything, while still being secluded. The prices are great, compared to other rentals we looked at and nothing is lacking. This will be where we continue to stay when going to the mountains! If you stay, make sure to check out the horse riding at Sandy Ridge and waterfalls in Pisgah national forest!

Room Tip: The cabins on Trout Trail have the BEST view. You are literally IN the trees when looking out the wi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts on your stay at Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds. I'm glad you enjoyed the "best nights sleep of your life".... and hope you will come back to visit us again soon!!!!!.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We loved everything about our stay at Willow Winds! We came to stay with another couple for a weekend getaway and were so thrilled with Mom's Manor. The view was awesome and the amenties were plentiful! The staff at Willow Winds was so kind, friendly and helpful; the level of service was refreshing! They really thought of everything and covered details that most lodging places miss. We wanted for nothing the entire weekend. Can't wait to plan another visit!

Room Tip: Mom's Manor was fabulous. It has an awesome view of the trout pond and the gardens!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay at Mom's Manor. I agree that the view from the porch is awesome and I love to just sit out there and relax when the cabin is empty!!

I appreciate your comments regarding our staff. I could not agree with you more that they are the best and try very hard to make every guest feel like a "best friend". Come back to see us again soon!!!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at Willow Winds. We stayed in Kaitlin's Hemlock. We wanted a quiet romantic get away from big city life and some quality quiet time of relaxation. We were well pleased with our choice! The cabin was more than what we imagined - all the comforts of home and then some! The staff was wonderful and witty (I'm still trying to figure our if they were kidding about the bears). When we wanted to venture out for some dining, mountain climbing, shopping, a stroll through town ... whatever, we found it to be only a stone's throw from the cabin. Very convenient to everything. We had an ab fab time. We left rejuvenated and vowed to come back real soon. Joe & Lora Atlanta

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Well first of all. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! and thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and that you were able to relax in spite of me telling you everyday to watch out for the bear!!!

Come back to see us again soon and I promise we will continue to have our crazy sense of humor!!!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was our family's (my wife and I, our three children and children-in-law and seven grandchildren) 22nd annual Family Rendezvous. A couple of our group expressed, what was probably the sentiment of us all, that this was the finest of the domestic facilities we had experienced. The proximity to the Mountain-to-Sea hiking trail, to great white water rafting, to Warren-Wilson College, from which one of our grandsons had just graduated, plus all the other tourist attractions, made our three first class cabins perfect for our family. It was your on-line description that convinced me to choose the Willow Winds. Your description was accurate. It couldn't have been more perfect for our family.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
smcleod, Owner at Asheville Cabins of Willow Winds, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments. We are so glad you had a restful stay with us and it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed the cabin. We are happy you could make yourself at home with us. We think our staff is great and so glad they could help you.We certainly look forward to a return visit.

Sandy McLeod
Owner

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We are just finishing up a week at Cora's Pine. The cabins are lovely, quiet and beautifully appointed. The cabins are nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our cabin has two bedrooms, with balconies off the bedrooms as well as the main floors; hot tub; full kitchen; two full baths. The location is amazing - the cabins are in a beautiful wooded area, but only five minutes away from downtown Asheville and the Biltmore. I can't say enough nice things about this place; we've had a wonderful time here and I can't wait to schedule another visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We went back to Willow Winds this summer and it was just as good as the first time we visited! The cabins are so nice - comfy beds - loads of towels - kitchens have everything - the people who work there are super friendly and made our stay so nice.

This is where you should stay if you're looking for a getaway that feels secluded but is close to EVERYTHING!

Great wine shop nearby - several grocery stores - easy access to Biltmore and I40. I just can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family