“Screwed up order”
Review of Barley's Taproom

Barley's Taproom
Ranked #12 of 48 Nightlife in Asheville
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Not too busy on a Saturday afternoon. Waitress did not write down our order, of course she screwed it up. Not the end of the world. She did take a beer off our tab for the screw up. I would have preferred the correct order.

1  Thank MissMyDog

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel right across the street, so we just winged it and came over here for lunch. We were immediately pleased with the selection of beer. I'm sure there's something there for EVERYONE!
After the beers, came the pizza. I've never heard of beefallo, but it was really yummy.
We heard something about game night later that night, so we went and ventured the city, knowing that we were going to stop by later.
We sucked at game night, but we stayed for the beers.
Definitely a great time.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

we had a great time here. lots of beer, good pizza, pool, music. great place to start out the tonight.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Barleys is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to hang out. Very comfortable atmosphere with friendly staff. Good selection of craft beers and plenty of seating. There is a second, smaller bar upstairs with pool tables and darts. I've eaten here twice, each time nonplussed. I have yet to try the pizza, which I've been told several times is very good. Good place to start out or wind down a evening downtown. Live bands are usually very good.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a great place to go. The pizza is quite good, close to Brooklyn style especially for the SE. I found it to be much better than the pizza just up the street at circle in the square (less greasy with still a solid crust). The beer selection is great and remains what it was initially set up to be. I also tried some local mead from fox hill which was interesting. Only gripe I really have is this place needs to be dusted badly. Go there, shoot some pool, eat some pizza and have a good time in a place that is a legend in Asheville brewing history.