“Do yourself a favor and stay here”

Princess Anne Hotel
Ranked #12 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
Shallotte NC
“Do yourself a favor and stay here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I'm not normally a B&B person,but this hotel was near where I had an early job iinterview, so I booked it. Great service, great rate. I got a deluxe suite, and was expecting a large bedroom with a loveseat. What I got was a large, beautifully decorated roomy one bedroom apartment, large sitting area with beautiful sofa, kitchen area including small stove. The place was so quiet, I slept with the windows open which was lovely. Very safe for a single travelor. I didn't even get to enjoy the food as I got in late and left early, but I still feel I got a great value.

Only way I'd give it a higher rating was if I could have taken my pooch :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PrincessAnneHotel, Manager at Princess Anne Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for coming to stay with us during your brief trip to Asheville! You will have to return, so you an try our delicious breakfast. We appreciate the kind review and hope to see you on your next trip, whether it is business or pleasure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I returned to the Princess Anne in September, staying 2 nights to soak up the Asheville vibe this year (1 night last year). We would not stay anywhere else in Asheville. I can't think of anything negative to say. Gracious hosts/employees, spacious rooms, great wine and hors d'oeuvres daily, sumptious breakfast, convenient location, reasonable pricing. (If looking for an activity, we highly recommend the Asheville Botanical Gardens.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed a second stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to talk about all the things you enjoyed, from breakfast to our courteous staff. We hope to see you soon!
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Princess Anne for 2 nights in September. It was great. Our room was very comfortable and the breakfast was wonderful. The wine and appetizer hour was a great way to relax after a day of hiking and exploring Asheville. Their restaurant recommendations were perfect. I can't speak highly enough of this charming hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite if it is in your budget.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
It is delightful to hear you find our hotel charming and comfortable! We strive to make everything from the food, to the rooms, to the concierge service, perfect. Thank you for the kind review, and we hope to see you for many more visits in the future!
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Princess Anne. It is a great old building with lots of charm. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. They had a very nice evening treat of wine and hors d'oeuvres and a delicious breakfast selection. We hope to stay there again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PrincessAnneHotel, Manager at Princess Anne Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our "lovely historic hotel"! Thank you for your kind review, we anticipate your return!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We just returned from a quick trip to Asheville and were fortunate enough to book our 45th anniversary night at the Princess Anne Hotel in Asheville. What a serendipity! I was a bit hesitant at first because of the age of the hotel but after reading the reviews I found them all so positive I felt it was worth a try. From the minute we entered the outside portico I was already anticipating a great experience. The staff were delightful and very helpful with getting us into our room to finding a restaruant for the evening. The room was very spacious and clean...a must for me! My only disappointment in the room was there was no place convenient to put on makeup or room to set anything down. Had I know I would have brought a make-up mirror but we worked around this minor inconvenience. We had a small kitchen area in our sitting room with a separate bathing area and then the bedroom. The evening wine and appetizers was like something out of a gourment extravaganza and the breakfast was better than most higher priced hotels and it was free!!! All in all a wonderful experience for our 45th.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PrincessAnneHotel, Manager at Princess Anne Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
So happy our previous reviews led you to the Princess Anne Hotel! Thank you for pointing out the lack of area to put makeup by the vanity, we always appreciate constructive criticism. We are happy that everything from your initial greeting, to your morning breakfast was a great experience! Happy Anniversary, we hope to see you for many more!
Largo, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

First time at the Princess Anne. We met friends there for the weekend and can't say enough about this little gem. Really more a big B&B than a hotel. The staff was exceptionally helpful, the deluxe suite was well appointed and the building itself was lovely. The 4pm wine and hors d'oeuvres was better than at most facilities as was the breakfast in a very comfortable dining room. Weather permitting, sitting out on the large porch is a treat. It is a 10-15 minute walk to the downtown area with all of the restaurants and shops. We couldn't have been happier and will make this our home away from home on any future trips to Asheville.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cybrrdoc1
PrincessAnneHotel, Manager at Princess Anne Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
We are delighted to be your new "home away from home" ! Thank you for saying so many kind things about our hotel, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Princess Anne Hotel was a wonderful place to stay! It provided the privacy of a hotel with the nice touches of a bed and breakfast. After spending the day in downtown, we checked in and enjoyed their free wine and hors d'oeuvres. The indoor and outdoor sitting areas are perfectly quiet places to relax. They also have a great dining room where they serve a delicious breakfast to order. The room was very clean and comfortable and even came with some great homemade biscotti. The staff was helpful and polite. I enjoyed the stay and would recommend the Princess Anne Hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in Asheville.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
It was so nice to hear that you loved your stay at the Princess Anne Hotel! We are happy you enjoyed are relaxing porches, delicious hors d'oeuvres, and all the little things like our house made biscotti. We know we will be seeing you at the hotel in the future!