“Totally disappointed. ..”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Katuah Market
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

The only way a business can improve is if you give them feedback,so here is mine...As a Manager of a busy nearby hotel I have always had the luxury of having Katuah Market between work and home, so last night when I was craving a Pittsburgh Rare Filet I hurrried over for what I thought would be a beautiful selection in Katuahs butcher shop...To my dissapointment there were only 3 small filets that looked somewhat odd..Old I thought??..After asking the young man behind the counter if these were were fresh he replied, "yes", so with that I had him wrap up the best one he could find....Well, after seasoning this small filet and letting it sit to room temp. To assure proper heating I finally put it in the oven to broil while I sauted my asparagus...Minutes later I had the finished product, a firm, bloated, almost hard piece of meat...Terrible, not even bad but terrible...The flavor was off, the consistency was off and most of all it didn't char lime a quality filet should and has always done in the past...If you aren't going to sell the best then don't charge for the best...I could have done better at Ingles and that is a frightening thought...Annoyed that I am sending hotel guests to this Market every day and telling them it's great local quality when in fact it's a disappointment...

2  Thank rabsales

Reviewed November 1, 2014

This store is new to town so alot of people dont know about it.
The French Broad Co-op is hard to beat or compare with because its a co-op.
however Katua has more selection. They have real food. They have more than groceries as well.
They have a deli, great selection at a hot food bar, pastries and coffee.
They also have free classes at times. Free wifi. nice bathrooms. hands down the best grocery store in Asheville. Besides the Co-op. All the other "health" food stores in Asheville Trader joes, whole foods, green life, are all wolves in sheeps clothing. We are happy we found Katuah.

1  Thank matt k
Reviewed October 19, 2014

This market is in the Biltmore village area and is a definite must visit just for the unique food and drink offerings. There is a deli on site that offers many sandwich options as well as a hot food bar. There are tables inside and out for eating what is purchased on site. The area we most appreciated was the 'local' foods area that offers local made goodies.

Reviewed October 8, 2014

Loved the fresh additive free food at Katuah Market. The hot and cold tables were delightful. We ate several meals here. After 3 weeks of fries, burgers and pepsi it was such a welcome relief to eat fresh additive free food. Cakes and cookies are amazing. Thank you for real food that tasted good.