“Smokin' Turkey Reuben!”
Review of Creekside Taphouse

Creekside Taphouse
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I decided to spend date night somewhere new. We've been doing that a lot lately, trying to get ourselves out of the culinary rut. Some experiences have been good - some not so much.

Creekside is a star in our new crown of restaurants! We had been there once before, but for inexplicable reasons, we had not been back in a couple of years. This past Thursday, we went for a second review, and boy are we in love!

My husband got the basic barbecue plate, but I love Reubens. I asked, and they do, indeed, smoke their own turkey. So, trying to watch my calorie intake, I ordered the Turkey Reuben. Folks, this was the best Reuben I have ever had -- anywhere. The turkey did have a sultry, smoky flavor, and tender? Oh my stars! It was topped with just the right condiments, and I fought to eat it all. Being the great daughter that I am, I saved half for my mother who works evenings. She, too, agreed it was one of the best Reubens she'd ever had.

We'll be going back. I wish I could write something clever and witty, but in this case, I'll just let the food speak for itself. The atmosphere is also light, airy, and just the right mix of quaint and accessible. This is must do if you're exploring Asheville restaurants. Bon appetit!