1,285 results
All reviewstennis courtsracquet clubbreakfast buffetclose to downtownan older propertyfitness centeroutdoor poolshuttle servicemini fridgeup to datebeds were very comfortablebalconiespetbiltmoreinterstatefireplacenc
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza resort in Asheville, I'm writing this to inform you of the quality and condition of this property. I checked in around 1600 on 08/08/2018. All public access areas in the room sections, have the fire doors shut and the A/C off, it felt like it was 110° in the elevator waiting area and stepping onto the elevator felt like stepping in an oven.

Upon arrival to my room(208) I considered going for a swim, unfortunately the pool was full of leaves. The A/C in this room was barely working, and when I turned the light on I found a large brown stain in the middle of the carpet that might have been coffee, however it closely resembled a fecal stain, so I requested a new room.

I was placed in a room with two beds instead of the single I had originally requested, this was okay at the time. When I arrived at the new room (231) a large crusty mess greeted me at the door. I over looked this at the time because I don't like to complain and at least this was on the outside of the room. This room was fine until I was ready for bed upon turning down my covers I noticed what appeared to be mildew or possibly even mold on my sheets, I again thought I would over look it and try the other bed but it too had black growth on it. I requested new sheets, instead they placed me in another room, they made me wait in the lobby in my night clothes while someone went to check it.

While I was waiting another couple whom I had met earlier (they were on their way to their second room at the time) came to the desk to tell the staff they were leaving because the handicap accessible rooms require you to put a lawnmower ramp on the stairs to access them. After they were gone the guy behind the counter told the girl training to "put them down as a no show and charge them anyway."

I was finally told my room was ready(294), upon arrival the first thing I noticed was how hot the room was I checked the thermostat and it said 65 I bumped it on down to 60 but it still didn't help, there was hardly any air coming from the unit. After waiting for someone to come check it I decided to check the filter, it was completely clogged with filth, no one showed so I cleaned it the best I could. When I went out to vape, the balcony looked like it had never been cleaned. As I was putting my toiletries in the bathroom there was what I can only hope was red toothpaste on the floor, I use charcoal toothpaste so I know it wasn't mine. The nail in the coffin so to speak, was when I woke up, and went to open my curtains there was what appeared to be blood and boogers on it (like someone with a nose bleed had sneezed.) I don't know how I missed it the night before, I would have slept in my car if I had seen it then.

I informed the desk staff, and was offered a free breakfast, which was a huge insult considering what I'd experienced. I told them I had a meeting to go to and couldn't wait. I was later called and informed that they had contacted the manager, and that my room had been comp'd, this is great however it doesn't make up for the state of the property. Maybe instead of spending millions on a new lobby they should have invested it on the rooms.

I will never again stay at another of your hotels, which is sad, because I can remember when the name Crowne Plaza used to mean something.

Note: In the photo of the room card holders (proof of the three rooms) I did blur out the wireless access code, this was the only editing.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank mshillings
Reviewed August 13, 2018

The reservation aspect of this hotel leaves a lot to be desired as a group of us had submitted requests for reservations nearly a year ago, had the requests honored but two of the reservations were messed up with people spread out all over with the wrong room assignments, etc. There appears to be little communications between reservationists and the front desk. The rooms are adequate, porches with old furniture, closets with doors that are put on upside down and needed repairs. The housekeeping staff is very helpful and tries to make up for the aging resort. The restaurant is terrific and so is the catering staff for special dinners, etc. Robin Sherwood really does a fine job in keeping all details on 'forward'. The zipline, hiking trails, pools, fitness center and tennis are good for large groups. The golf course is nearly perpendicular and good for those with good balance in the golf cart or on foot.
There is a valet stand in the front of the hotel supposedly to help people unload, etc. Throughout our three-day stay, we only saw one man there and when a car pulled up, he went inside so if things continue as is, don't expect any help with luggage.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This trip was somewhat disappointing: IHG have our room away and the room we had to shuffle around for 1.5 hours before finally settling for sleep. The decor was about 15 years old, the carpet was dirty in our room... the location is close to Asheville and the price was right. To the resort’s defense, my wife stayed in another room and was very satisfied...
We did not use the amenities, but they seemed well rounded.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018

The hotel was very nice and clean, beds were very comfortable. Very close to downtown with some great places to eat. Biltmore is not far. Went to the farmers market and they had a lot of great fruits, vegetables and plants.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed August 4, 2018

This might be the first Crown Plaza we stayed at where there was no club lounge for Platinum members. We did have an upgrade but we had to request specifically. The room was big and had a view to the parking lot. The shower doors wouldn't close properly. I had to hold it while taking a shower to prevent it from sliding opened. Also, note that this hotel is not within walkable distance to the downtown area. But there was a shuttle that cost $5 round trip per person to the downtown, It was a few dollars cheaper than riding a uber for the two of us.
We enjoyed the door pool while viewing the zipline going on. We didn't go to any of the activities at the onsite Adventure Park though.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple