Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Free cancellation until 06/03
$115
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$95
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/03
$79
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

$121
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$169
$145
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$164
$134
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$259
$188
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$159
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$289
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
$271
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $313/night.

1,237 results
All reviewstennis courtsracquet clubbreakfast buffetclose to downtownoutdoor poolfitness centershuttle servicemini fridgeup to datebiltmore estatebalconiespetfireplacenc
Reviewed December 28, 2008

We stayed over a Saturday night in the hotel and found it less than satisfactory. Though the room was clean (always a plus) and the bed was comfortable, there were several problems. First, there is construction going on, and though fortunately it was the weekend and we didn't have to *hear* it, we did have to see it so there was no attractive view from the room. Parking was less than adequate, we had to park in the construction mud, which was made worse by rain. Though the hotel advertises quiet rooms, we found the walls to be paper thin. I have actually never stayed in a hotel of any caliber that had so much noise from room to room. We could literally hear the conversations of neighbors from both sides. In addition the service seemed a bit lacking. There was no room service menu in the room and a call to the front desk resulted in a promise for a delivery of one, however it never arrived. All in all, I'd definitely choose a different hotel when visiting Asheville in the future.

Stayed: December 2008
2  Thank NorthCarolinaCally
Reviewed November 25, 2008

This hotel is very nice -- especially for the price. The outdoors areas including golf course were undergoing rennovation, so I hope they don't jack up the price when that is completed. However, as it is, if you're just looking for a nice place to stay in Asheville, this is a good pick. About 5-10 min drive to downtown.
The Crowne Plaza chain makes a big deal about its "7 layers of comfort" for sleeping and it's true! The bed was big, comfy (though the thick pillow topper on the mattress is very soft) with a thick, warm bedspread. They provide a sleep mask and ear plugs, but we didn't need either.
The one down side was the first night we arrived. We filled out the slip for room-service breakfast the next morning and left it on our doorknob as instructed. In the morning, no one had picked it up and we had to call the room service.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 12, 2008

First off, let me say this is NOT a resort. Maybe way back when...but now it's just not. Now, I will say I only stayed one night and was not interested in either golf nor the pool - but the facilities looked run-down and not what I expect when I hear the word "RESORT."

Having said that, the room was fine. I was concerned at first, as walking to our room the facilities were not nice. The stairwells and hallways were just ok. Once in the room, the furnishings were comfortable, the amenities in the room were great....

In terms of location, there are better places to stay in my opinion. Overall, the hotel was nice, but definitely doesn't deserve the title of "resort."

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for only one night, but believe me that was enough. I was there for a Halloween party and arrived in costume. When I approached the front desk the clerk rudely pointed down the hall and told me the party was that way. When I told him I was checking in, he handed me off to an incompetent clerk that took half an hour to check me in. The room seemed nice enough until I turned down the bed and found blood on the bed sheets!!! When I informed the front desk I was told by the woman that she wasn't on when I checked in and she would have to "investigate" it?! UGH!!! Nothing was ever done to rectify it at all. Then when I asked for my receipt upon check-out, I was given the run around and that took another 20 minutes!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I got on Priceline and bid for a 3.5 start hotel hoping to get the Renaissance, but got this hotel. ($115/night). I was skeptical after the reviews, so I was delighted when we had no problems.

Getting there- directions from the website had us coming in on what we thought was a golf cart trail - there is a real entrance right off the highway.

First impression - Construction had me worried. but all I saw was construction to the grounds, not the major hotel. So call if you think you'll play golf or use the pool - they may not be open, I'm not sure. I think the sign said Meeting Center coming Jan 2009 and new golf course March 09.

Checking in - The lobby was gorgeous. The front desk clerk was friendly and got us a better view room. I saw a wedding flier for a party there and said something about it being a great time to get married, it was our anniversary and he gave us free breakfast tickets.

The Room - Room size was nice and decent. We were on the 2nd floor and had no noise problems. Bed was very comfy. Tv was small, maybe 19"? The bathroom was small. When you open the door it literally was 2" from hitting the toilet. The countertop was a nice new granite, and large, but there is not room for 2 people to stand to get ready. The showerhead was tall enough for my husband (6'1") but taller people would have a problem. We did not use wi-fi.

Breakfast - was a nice buffet with a man ready to make omelets or waffles. I believe you could order from the menu- sorry we didnt see prices.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple