“Wonderful Property”

Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Ocracoke, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful Property”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great staff and the Van shuttle to down town is tremendous and very affordable. Good breakfast buffet with friendly chef and wait staff.

Grounds are immaculate, great amenities such as golf, tennis, 3 pools and a killer fitness center. Spa very professional and clean and Lena was a wonderful masseuse.

Nice clean rooms with balconies.

Room Tip: 230's to 260 even room # will but you facing grounds and not parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort – 1 Resort Drive, Asheville, NC 28806

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Bamako, Mali
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Excellent selection of breakfast. We only stayed three days but there was variety each day. We got facials at the spa and they were extremely professional and delightful. Wanted pedicure as well but not available...so best to book ahead ... Called same day. The shuttle into down town Asheville is very convenient if you don't want to drive. We were planning on drinking so didn't want to drive back. Overall the checkin and the check out was extremely smooth. The gym is. Excellent with lots of variety. Only down fall is you can't change the channel on the tv in front of treadmill and elliptical without help from staff. The lap pool is also excellent with access to awesome jacuzzi and steam. He walking trails are somewhat limited because of dirt bike stations, zip lines and golf course...I would only suggest opening more walking trails. Only hiccup was one afternoon when we were waiting for the shuttle which is supposed to depart ever half an hour and we were told it would be a ten min wait and we waited an hour. Nonetheless, Overall excellent experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Went here with my girlfriend for a weekend getaway. Sure, it's an older place. The lobby did smell like old people (though there was some kind of reunion there upon our arrival, so that could be why), which is the only reason for this not getting 5 stars. However, the rooms have been updated and the staff was great. I got this from a Priceline deal and, while I knew it was a possibility when booking, I was disappointed that I got this property because of the reviews here. I shouldn't have been though. Much better deal than staying downtown and still only a 5 minute car ride away.

I did not notice any thinness to the walls, as has been complained about here, and never heard anyone next door to us. We were originally put in a room with 2 double beds and I called down to the desk and they changed us to a king room for $15 more a night, which was well worth it. I wouldn't pay full price to stay here (you might as well stay downtown if you're going to do that), but it's easily available on Priceline for 25-30% off and you shouldn't be disappointed if you end up with it. A fine place.

That being said, I'd spend the money and stay downtown next time, but that's just because I want to experience something different. Asheville's a great town if you've never been. A big city vibe to the bars and restaurants and the food is impeccable. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a King Room on the 5th floor. Seems more isolated from the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, August 16, 2014

PA
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed at this property back in May. It is very old and the rooms and grounds are in serious need of updating. There are a lot of other hotel options which have better and updated amenities. Only good thing about the hotel was the shuttle to and from Asheville.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I truly regret that we have missed the opportunity to exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I really like this place. Great sized room with a balcony. Bed was comfortable and the food was very good. I spend a lot of nights away from home and most places are exactly the same in every city but this place has something different. I think it has a history and they are keeping it up extremely well.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Tcwayne

Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here for 4 days for my husband's college fraternity reunion. Stayed in the A/B wing which I think must be the newer part of the complex. Roomy, clean, updated furnishings. There certainly is plenty of fun things to do while staying here. Banquet food was, well banquet food! Breakfast was excellent. Great facility with most everything under the same roof which was handy because we were there during the rainy season. Enjoyed sunny times at the outdoor pool. Great visit to downtown to great shops--don't miss Tops for Shoes! Also, enjoyed the NC Arboretum south of town.

Room Tip: Rooms in A/B wing are terrific. View of zip lines, pool and patios with table and chairs. Note, ingr...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank niteowljune

USA
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My guest and I stayed here for a Saturday night in August (August 2, 2014) when we couldn't find a hotel in Brevard to accommodate us. We reserved two double rooms @ $160/night each. Since we were on the second floor on the far left, and since we were told there was no elevator to that floor from the parking lot, we parked way in the back in the front of the hotel instead of on the side. We went a long way out of our way by walking to the right, as advised, and taking a small elevator which did not lead to our room. We and walked a very long distance before using an elevator to walk another very long distance. All four of us re-traced our steps and headed in the opposite direction. We walked a very long way before coming to an elevator, which we took to the second floor, and then walked another very long way before reaching our rooms--at 11 PM, when we were all exhausted, and two of us with asthma. When we arrived, I got locked inside the bathroom simply by locking the door from the inside the bathroom. Had my roommate not been available to unlock the door from the room side, I would have been stuck until the maid got there the next day. It was a panicky event, nonetheless. We discovered over the course of the night that the air conditioner thermostat was broken, and in the morning, we discovered that the coffee maker did not work. All of these problems were confirmed by the maintenance person who arrived in the morning before we left. Despite the fact that we had all of these problems, when we requested some sort of accommodation on what seemed to be a high bill for a run-of-the-mill room, none was granted. This property has a 9-hole golf course, which I would have used had I not been so eager to put the experience behind me. There were some large reunions/events happening at the time we were there, which, I'm sure, stretched the hotel staff. I think this hotel's primary advantage is for such large events. I would not stay there again, nor would I recommend anyone else staying there unless assured of a room near the front of the hotel and a price in the $89 range. I find it next to impossible to believe/accept that there are elevators on the middle and end of each wing, given the distance to walk and health and safety issues.

Room Tip: Rooms near the front, or near the back if you do not mind walking a long distance, or walking up sta...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends