“Enjoyable stay”

Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was here for a conference and had a reduced rate on the room. Room was large and clean and found the facilities to be nice. Took my family and my girls had fun at the pool and thought the grounds were nice. We found the staff to be helpful though we did not have any real special needs arise. Only complaint were the people who were attending same conference who were extremely loud at pool at 1:00 am.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Visited for one night to see if it would be good for corporate needs. Stayed on 1st floor..there was people above us partying all night long. Called front desk "Julie" and every time she said I sent security and they heard nothing. Finally after my husband called and asked for security to come to our room and listen and he did. He said wow I am sorry and I will fix this. We had no sleep and when we tried to talk to front desk about it they acted like they could care less. Needless to say will never stay here again and will not use it for corporate purposes.

• Stayed: June 2014
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I truly regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Wow - it's amazing - the Holiday Inn Brand is resurgent. THe new hotels are really nice. It seems, like Hilton has done with Doubletree, the Crowne Plaza brand is the brand of death - the old facility that they're putting minimum investment into. First off, you turn at the driveway to get to the hotel - no signage - you drive past tennis courts and golf.....it's lucky if you find the hotel. THe layout is atrrocious - you walk a mile to your room. The hallways, elevator - are all - ancient, disgusting, just bad.

The room - well, it's ok - but not up to Crowne Plaza standards. Stained carpet, etc. Hey, when the Fairfield is $150 and the Crowne Plaza $85 - I guess that tells you something.

The gym - well the equipment has tvs - but not attached to the machines. They must be the first ever cardio machines with tvs - because these are stand alone - and the equipment is old.

Room service - they have 4 choices - but somehow brought me half my meal. They went back to bring the rest - but brought back only half of what they were supposed to. I never got tea or juice - even though i was asked twice - what juice and what kind of tea.

Internet - that works.

Mulligans pub - that was ok. The bartender/waiter was good. There were rude customers - and I felt bad for him.

All in all - it's not unbearable certainly - but - Crowne Plaza - heck no. I say Crowne dump.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were visiting Asheville and stayed at the Crowne Plaza. What a great experience. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. We had a hard time getting up early. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gwaugh

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We came here to visit Biltmore, and found Ashville to be a charming town amid beautiful scenery.
The negative reviews seem unfair to us- certainly this is a resort that was built sometime ago, but we had no complaints about the room with a balcony overlooking beautiful wooded grounds. Plenty sporting facilities, and even little laundry room where we could get some washing done.
A few minutes drive takes you to the delightful downtown area, but we chose to eat in the hotel and were surprised by how few other guests did so. After the first evening in an empty dining room,we ate in the friendly bar. The menu seemed a bit strange at first glance to our British tastes, but the food was delicious and cheap.
Finally, a mention for the helpful and pleasant staff. We would return in a moment!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed for a week in May and loved it. Our room had a balcony that looked out to the mountains. The room was huge and the beds so comfortable. Very clean all through with well kept grounds. Only negative was service at breakfast was not the best although the Blueberry Pancakes were worth the wait. Reception staff were great and good to have the shuttle into Ashville.Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: 2nd floor at the front is great for views but then so is the back.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for a business meeting. He had read some reviews which indicated it was a little "long in the tooth", but we did not find this to be the case at all! It looks to have been recently remodeled. Our room was modern, clean, spacious, and had a nice balcony with a view on the golf course/zip line course. The staff were very friendly. Rainforest rescue coffee with FSI certified coffee cups! Nice spa soaps and lotions in the bathroom. Only downside, poor wifi. I wouldn't mind returning.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014