“It's the place to stay In Asheville for lots of amenities.”

Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Melbourne, Australia
“It's the place to stay In Asheville for lots of amenities.”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The pool was closed all week, our porch light was broken and the staff was minimal, but the resort's bar, breakfast buffet and access to the Raquet club were real pluses. Our villa was located in a private area next to the small par 3 golf course and beautiful stream so when we weren't able to sit by the pool, we could sit on the porch of our villa and soak up the views. The spa is well run and very nicely appointed and the attached Raquet club had tons of classes and well maintained hartru tennis courts. The villas need some serious updating, the stove probably dates back to the early 80s, but I would come again.

• Stayed May 2014
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort – 1 Resort Drive, Asheville, NC 28806

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Let me start this review by letting everyone know we took the Priceline grab bag and "won" this hotel for $125.00- needless to say we were not excited and after reading the reviews we almost cancelled our family trip.
We arrived with seriously low expectations but upon arrival things turned around nicely
My three tired boys were all given snacks by the manager as I was getting checked in- she also offered a roll- away bed and we changed our room to a king with pull out couch
The room was spacious and clean - although the bathroom was tiny
The bed was a pillow top and rivaled the Heavenly beds and The Ritz Carleton - awesome nights sleep
The best part of the stay was the Racquet Club resort- the boys loved the pool and my husband said the gym was very nice
A lot of the pics are deceiving and after our experience we will definitely consider coming back
The staff was super friendly and always went above and beyond

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Carla S

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My mother and I stayed here. We were suppose to stay two nights but after being there for 3 hours we cancelled our 2nd night.
When we first arrived and walked in the lobby we noticed faint spell of "propane" lingering through out the entire hotel. Kinda made me sick to my stomach and dizzy. Check in was easy and the staff was very friendly, however we were told that there wasn't an elevator in the wing/building of the hotel we were staying in. 2 flights of dimly lite stairs of struggling with heavy luggage we made it. The hallway was again dimly lite, old stained red carpet. It was like we were walking down a hallway that was getting longer and narrower.
Our room looked like it had been updated. 2 full beds, flat screen TV small porch that looked over the pool. Pretty views of the Zip line and trees. The bathroom looked upgraded as well. (very soft water) The down side of our room was that we had an ancient fridge that made this horrible sound ( we unplugged that) Also the lamp shades were stained . The night-side table lamp kept blinking (tried changing the bulbs 2x, fiddled with the plug) The room had a damp feeling to it. When I got into bed I was itching a lot. I looked in the bed didn't see anything? That freaked me out.
The next morning we had a choice between $6.95 continental , $10.95 buffet, (looked old and inedible 9am) So we ordered off the menu, I had eggs Benedict, The English muffin was not cooked/toasted, my home-fries looked like a pile of oil cooked days ago. Total bill with omelette 2 OJ and coffee $27.00+. Room cost for 1 night $149 booked with AAA.
We will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HeathersS
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I truly regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza many times, and are aware that it is an older hotel, and has some problems. We usually just overlook them and enjoy our stay. This trip wasn't quite so pleasant. First of all, we needed a walk-in shower, so they gave us a handicap room. Evidently, one should sit on the bath seat, and use the hand-held shower. We didn't need the bath seat, and the hand-held shower sprayed the whole room. The only bathroom outlet was clear across the room from the mirror. The room was on the very bottom floor, and the floors were very cold. The air conditioner sounded like thunder every time it came on.
The rooms have been nicely renovated, but housekeeping standards are not up to par. Our third day there, we came back to the room at 5:30 p.m.,and our room hadn't been cleaned. We had to call twice just to get some coffe and creamer, and get the waste baskets emptied. Everyone we talked to just assumed that we had left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, and that wasn't the case.
Room service breakfast was a great deal; however, the food was just warm.
My husband misses having the newspaper at his door in the mornings. This was a nice touch that has been discontinued.
The rates here are always fair, but because of the problems we had this time, I don't know whether we will go back or not.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Another great weekend, thanks to Lori and her team! You can't beat their attention to detail and helpful staff. Our room was very clean, and we had a great view. The shuttle is the best deal in town. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2014

Clemson
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I travel to Asheville a lot. I'm only 1.5 hours away so I'm a Biltmore passholder. Biltmore is my getaway. I'm close enough to go back home but sometimes I like to stay overnight.

I recently had one of those moments where, at the last minute, I decided to stay in Asheville so I booked a 3.5 Star hotel in the Biltmore Area through Priceline. I got a room for $75/per night (+ taxes/fees). Not bad. When I saw it was the Crowne Plaza I was happy until I maneuvered my way over to (what felt like) the outskirts of the Biltmore Estate area, up a hill to a strange, secluded area off the main highway. It's right behind a Sam's Club. It's an awkward area to get in and out, until you learn the best way to get in and out! I followed my GPS the first time and although it got me to the resort, I found out later by just driving around there's an easier way (with a red light).

The Main Lobby is really pretty. Reception was friendly to the first 2 couples in front of me...explaining all of the resort amenities, offering them fresh baked cookies...but I didn't get any of that reception. I'm assuming that's because I got the Priceline deal? I don't know. But they got me checked-in quickly and I was on my way to my room.

This is a resort, rather than a hotel, so there are separate buildings for some of the rooms. I prefer (as a solo traveller) to stay in the main building the lobby is in but I didn't request that. Not sure that I could have since I booked through Priceline. But there was fairly convenient parking to my room. I was on the 2nd floor so I just took the stairs. Its an obviously old building that's been newly renovated.

The room was very spacious and clean. Everything looked new. Although the hallways are interior, the room still had an outdoor patio that overlooked the parking lot. I could see some of downtown Asheville, too. The only thing that bugged me regarding my particular room was how small the bathroom was. Sorry for this visual, but I couldn't sit on the toilet without the door being right up against my leg. Hehe - I guess I could have CLOSED the door first and I wouldn't have had that issue... :)

This hotel served it's purpose - it gave me a place to sleep for the night at a Priceline deal which is what I needed. As a solo traveller, it didn't have that safe/comfort feeling that I like to have, but I slept well nonetheless.

I would definitely not pay the full price rate for this hotel. There are better choices in the Biltmore Area at those rates. But for a quick place to spend the night at a Priceline deal, I would accept staying here again. It's a fairly easy drive to Biltmore...and downtown Asheville for that matter.

FYI, there's a Japanese restaurant, a Denny's and a Pizza Hut just down the street. :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, May 9, 2014

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2014

To say how large this hotel is, we found it surprisingly difficult to locate and would recommend clearer signposting. The room was very spacious and comfortable, though we almost needed the shuttle to get to reception!! There is an abundance of facilities as one would expect at a "resort hotel", including out and indoor pools, a 9 hole golf course, tennis courts etc. However, our main objective was to visit Biltmore and then join the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is an excellent base to do either and Ashville itself is a pleasant, slightly quirky, place.
Buffet breakfast was $11 and was good value, with omelettes made to order a highlight.
Another plus was the regular shuttle into town for a small fee and it operated late into the night if needed.
We stayed 2 nights and paid £92 per night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple