“Very Pet Friendly with good grounds to walk.”

Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Ranked #44 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Very Pet Friendly. Great places to walk the dogs. Far enough from town so we could enjoy easily. The hotel was very full and the front desk was overworked, but the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. It is old, and walls are thin, but we would return. If only the guest would pick up after their dogs. Why is it so hard for people to put a plastic bag on their hand like a glove and pick up after their dogs, pull off and tie, and toss in the very available garbage cans. The hotel kept the grounds very nicely picked up. It's not the "Grove Park" in beauty, (it's cheaper), but we had a bad experience there with thin walls, and loud guest so that can happen anywhere. We were very pleased and they made it pleasant to travel with our pets.

Room Tip: There are no rooms for dogs on the 4th floor. We were put in 274, I think, and that was excellent b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Traveled to Asheville the last week of March with friend who was attending a conference at this resort. Wonderful Hotel ! Everything has been updated or is in the process of being updated and the rooms were incredibly large with plenty of space for two folks and it even had a nice balcony. The weather on Tuesday was not great since it snowed off and on and then that evening it really snowed but it was nice to have the balcony to watch it come down. A short, easy ride back into Downtown made you feel like you were not really missing the action of downtown. In fact you can see downtown from the hotel !
If possible I would for sure stay here again….The staff, amenities, rooms, location….All wonderful

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Reviewed March 28, 2014

After reading some reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. Yes walls may be thin and elevator is old, but very clean, comfortable, and all staff were very friendly!!! Too cold for golf, but would stay again!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Reviewed March 20, 2014

i am in town for business and stayed here saturday night. big mistake.

i was having a great time with a new group of friends i had just met at the lobby bar (mulligan's?). this group of 5 were asked to leave the hotel because of noise, but they were being silent as mice (the walls here must be made of cardboard). so the staff kicked them out right as THEIR OWN HOTEL BAR closed at 2 AM and they had no place to go. who does that?

i went to bed feeling terrible for these folks and gave the front desk the ol' stinkeye on the way out. what a horrible experience.

also the rooms here are absolutely filthy. and they claim to be a 'downtown' hotel on priceline but they are 6 MILES from downtown asheville. what a joke.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chuck K
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed there one night while passing through town. While the room seemed a little dated, maybe not my style, it was in great shape and clean. It also had a balcony which I liked. The $5 shuttle to downtown was great as my friend and I did some bar hopping. Overall, very satisfied as it was $89 total.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank w650dave
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I had high expectations of this hotel based on the information that Priceline gave. This was a last minute trip, so I hopped on PL to find a good deal. I expected a quality hotel. Finding the property was challenging {Siri will send you to the Sam's parking lot, right below}. Driving into the property was less than inspiring. No one greets you at the door. An empty lobby and empty registration desk, manned by one woman, welcomed me with an "I'll be with you in a minute". I asked for a room with a king size bed and was told that to be "upgraded to a king room" I'd have to pay a fee. The parking lot was nearly empty.

I found the elevator, which is horrifying, after navigating the smelly hallways. The elevator looks as though it will fall apart or break down at any moment. And, it's about 50 years old, has chipping paint, holes, etc. Awful.

My room is large, but uninspired. There are 50 shades of beige. The beds are not comfortable and the walls, as previous reviews state, are paper thin. Extremely disappointed and will not stay again. Best suited for school trips.

Room Tip: Book at the Grove Park Inn or the Biltmore... my normal choices.
Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank JBaileyDesigns
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever experienced,ANYWHERE! The rooms are average at best,the walls seem to be made of paper,you will hear every sound,people smoke on the balconies,ash is strewn on the patio tables.Reeks of low budget

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dorsedugger
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014