“Easy with a large group”

Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Ranked #44 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is large, clean, and comfortable. We were there during a large music festival in Asheville and the hotel was hosting several conventions yet everything ran quite smoothly. There's an extremely nice breakfast included with your room. The grounds are lovely and our kids enjoyed all of the outdoor (ropes course, zip lining) activities. Our room was quite large, but the bathroom was only average in size and luxury.

Stayed: October 2013
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

This is a comfortable renovated hotel with good staff and excellent amenities. It is not a "resort" and it is not located within walking distance of downtown Asheville. The room was well designed and artfully decorated. As long as you do not pay resort or 4 star prices, you should be happy here.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet your expectations. The Crowne Plaza® Resort Asheville offers a variety of professional, recreational and family facilities to meet the needs of any business or leisure guest. Our 125-acre resort includes an 8,500 sq. ft. fitness and wellness facility with group classes, saltwater lap pool, heated outdoor pool, 20 tennis courts and complimentary child care. Adelaide Spa offers a variety of massage, hair and nail treatment packages for a full service day of pampering. Enjoy the weather and rolling hills playing a round of golf on our 9-hole, par 34 course, or from your private balcony with a morning coffee and complimentary newspaper. For the thrill seekers we offer Asheville's only zip line canopy tour. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I booked this on Hotwire for a really good rate of $70/night for the weekend. I was expecting something within walking distance to downtown judging off the hotwire map but this place is across the river and about a 10 minute drive.

Charles checked us in and he was very attentive and practiced great customer service. The lobby, bar, and other common areas were very nice. However, when we got to our room it was a different story. The accommodations were satisfactory, but I was expecting much more out of a Crowne Plaza brand.

The room had a bit of a musty/been smoked in smell and the bathroom was extremely small. The beds were double, not queen, and the heater made a tremendous amount of racket.

Overall, I was expecting a much more luxorious hotel just because of the brand name. Instead I got a run of the mill hotel with no pizzazz. The price was right and couldn't be argued with;however, if I had paid full rate for this hotel I would have come away very disappointed.

1  Thank stevenshom
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Rooms were old but had been renovated and bathrooms were small. Wasn't worth paying a lot for. Good for one night but cramped if staying longer. Looks like it might be better in summer as there were a of of outside activities to do. They did offer a shuttle for downtown though which was nice. Room views were of the parking lot and I am glad we weren't on the first floor because the balconies opened up to the parking lot.

1  Thank myboo123
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Location: Good location just off the highway on the West Side of the river. The only real drawback is if you want to go downtown, you have to drive or take a shuttle for $5. If you are going to Asheville you will want to go downtown!!!!

Appearance: Clean inside and out. Room was in good shape. This is an older hotel, but well kept.

General Up-Keep: In good condition in all the areas I visited.

Workout room: Did not use…… but looked like your basics
Restaurant: There is a bar and restaurant. Both have the same menu and I have to say the menu is very up to date with the latest trends. For my vegan diet, there were plenty of choices. Not I should of eaten them but the cross cut sweet potato fries were great!

Room: Room was in very good condition and clean. Again, being an older hotel some items showed wear or patching, but room was clean.

Overall Report: This place is big and has plenty to do onsite. It is a true resort and good place to get away. If you don’t have a car to travel downtown, I would stay at one of the downtown hotels. Asheville is a great town and one of my top 3 places I like to stop while traveling for work.

Would I come back: Yes

Would I bring my wife and family: Yes

Reason for this trip: Business

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Checked in on Saturday the January the 18th. Pricelined room for $167 (including taxes.) We checked in with a super flustered lady, we were pleasant and spoke slowly to attempt to calm her down as we were the only guests checking in. We asked about the pool and she didn't let us finish our question before informing us that both pools were closed and so was the golf course but she wasn't sure if the zipline was closed yet - in a very negative manor. No worries, we were here to visit the Biltmore. We went to our room and please see the attached pictures to see why we checked out immediately. What I didn't get a picture of was a door was open on the way to the room and a housekeeper in uniform was having some sort of party with her several small children while the room was being cleaned. This hotel is very overrated at 3.5 stars and I do understand why the front desk woman was so unpleasant as she must have to deal with very unhappy guests all day.

Room Tip: "all of the rooms are the same" - front desk
3  Thank CaptCaribbean

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Not a bad place to stay, just not quite as advertised. I read somewhere on the website that each room had a private balcony(True) with a great view of either Downtown Asheville or the sorrounding Mtns(Not True). We had a fabulous view of the parking lot, a row of trees, and a glimpse of interstate.

Room was clean. Temp was difficult to control, seemed to run at very hot or cool. Never found the "warm" we were seeking. Turned the unit off and on repeatedly during the evening and nght.

Hallways were a bit noisy, especially in the evening. Not so much in the morning, but maybe that was because we were the only people up at 6 a.m.

We made plans to come to Asheville literally 36hrs before we arrived, so our choices of places to stay were very limited. Would come back here again in the same situation. It is a perfectly acceptable hotel.

Room Tip: Inquire about free included breakfast when making your reservation. Read many reviews that said it w...