I booked this on Hotwire for a really good rate of $70/night for the weekend. I was expecting something within walking distance to downtown judging off the hotwire map but this place is across the river and about a 10 minute drive.
Charles checked us in and he was very attentive and practiced great customer service. The lobby, bar, and other common areas were very nice. However, when we got to our room it was a different story. The accommodations were satisfactory, but I was expecting much more out of a Crowne Plaza brand.
The room had a bit of a musty/been smoked in smell and the bathroom was extremely small. The beds were double, not queen, and the heater made a tremendous amount of racket.
Overall, I was expecting a much more luxorious hotel just because of the brand name. Instead I got a run of the mill hotel with no pizzazz. The price was right and couldn't be argued with;however, if I had paid full rate for this hotel I would have come away very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, a sanctuary of elegance and a welcome retreat from the busy world. Nestled against the majestic backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 125 acres, this year-round resort provides all the comforts for the leisure and business traveler alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Asheville