“Good for Last Minute Plans”

Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Ranked #44 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Not a bad place to stay, just not quite as advertised. I read somewhere on the website that each room had a private balcony(True) with a great view of either Downtown Asheville or the sorrounding Mtns(Not True). We had a fabulous view of the parking lot, a row of trees, and a glimpse of interstate.

Room was clean. Temp was difficult to control, seemed to run at very hot or cool. Never found the "warm" we were seeking. Turned the unit off and on repeatedly during the evening and nght.

Hallways were a bit noisy, especially in the evening. Not so much in the morning, but maybe that was because we were the only people up at 6 a.m.

We made plans to come to Asheville literally 36hrs before we arrived, so our choices of places to stay were very limited. Would come back here again in the same situation. It is a perfectly acceptable hotel.

Room Tip: Inquire about free included breakfast when making your reservation. Read many reviews that said it w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was surprised to read all of the reviews by customers who received free breakfast along with the price of their rooms, which were MUCH less than we paid. Wish I would have gotten that deal.

We paid over $200/night but no free breakfast, as it turns out. We were okay with the no free breakfast when we learned of it upon check-in. A detail we overlooked, relying on reviews to provide most of the information. Since it was our anniversary, and a special occasion, we decided we'd find fun places in Asheville to eat breakfast.

Check-in was easy and fast, the desk agent friendly. That was a relief, since we had just driven 5 hours in constant rain. We deposited our items in the room, and rushed out to make our scheduled evening Biltmore tour time slot.

We arrived back to our room at around midnight, to find BUGS crawling around. A cursory look revealed 5 bugs crawling on the ceiling and walls, which my husband caught in a cup while I called the desk. They sent up a different room key card, and we packed up and relocated. I took a quick shower, my husband fell asleep, and just as I was getting into bed, about to turn off the lamp, I almost screamed from almost touching another BUG ON THE LAMP! Yes, this room had some bugs crawling on the ceiling too, but would it be worth moving again? Chances were, there would be more bugs in the next room, and we were too tired to move again. Otherwise, the rooms were clean with all the amenities one would expect.

Someone from the staff slipped a note with some complimentary breakfast vouchers. We used the breakfast vouchers, and if we would have made the mistake of eating breakfast there without using them, the self-serve continental type of fare would have cost us $24 for each day. Also, if you are interested in the omelette, make sure you be very clear if you want your eggs done. Both days, my omelette was raw inside.

I gave an "average" rating because I understand bugs sometimes get in despite their best efforts, and also because they at least acknowledged the inconvenience by those vouchers, but I can't help but be slightly disappointed that in the end, we paid for rooms that were definitely not worth the price. We will return to Asheville in the spring to visit the Biltmore again, and will definitely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bichonandon
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in the Villas at the Crowne Resort for three nights.The unit was clean, the rate was good for a 2 bedroom villa. We could have used a few more bowls and glasses. Although some of the villas had updated counter tops we did not. There was a t.v. in every room which my family liked. Overall, it was fine.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the 4th time I've attended a very large swing dancing event at this hotel and I continue to be amazed at how nice and patient the staff is. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to go to Asheville.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Would be very nice in the summer. Has tennis and other activities on site. Has a bar- great drinks and food. Rooms are good size- older hotel. About 5-10 minutes from Biltmore Estate. Has microwave and fridge. Nice tv. Clean rooms. Downtown Asheville is a short drive. Restaurants close by.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mihu08
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Overall a very average hotel for the cost. Surprisingly when I checked in I was asked to read and review a notice about excessive noise that explained that I would be ejected from the hotel if I was asked to be quiet more than two times. I thought it was rather odd. I have never read or been asked to sign a document like this in any hotel, ever. My presumption is they have problems with loud parties. Once I got into the room I realized the walls and door were paper thin. You could hear the people in the room across the hall. Hotel was clean, but obviously an older facility that was updated. Won't stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff G
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. During special event weekends we do ask our guests to sign our noise and smoking policy to ensure we do not have any problems. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited Asheville this past weekend and stayed 3 nights here. The hotel was located right off the interstate. The hotel could use some updating, but this wasn't too big of an issue. The hotel had lots to do. We visited the lap pool, and also zip lined while we stayed there. We ate 4 meals at the restaurant. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. The omelette cook was awesome. The hotel offered wifi but we couldn't pick it up in our room....or the one they offered to move us to when we contacted the front desk. That was a bit inconvenient, but we were given some free breakfast vouchers for the trouble. I would recommend this hotel, and actually already have recommended it to a friend.

Stayed: December 2013
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013