“Very Nice”

Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina
“Very Nice”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

IHG has made improvements in this old resort. Our room was OK, the bath had been updated and the TV was a flat screen. The room is very small but nice.If you just need a nice bed and bath this place is fine, very good location, there is alot to do here.

Room Tip: No breakfast but Denny's and Cracker Barrel ,plus fast food is close by.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay. We do have a restaurant adjacent to our lobby area that serves breakfast. I regret that my staff did not offer this option to you. Asheville is a food mecca with close to 50 restaurants in the downtown area alone. I hope you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort – 1 Resort Drive, Asheville, NC 28806

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Perryville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 11, 2013

First pulling in to the resort it was kind of odd. It is right off the interstate and behind a Sam's Club once you get to it its fine. The front entrance and lobby are really nice but you can tell the hotel is older. We were there with a seminar and had a corporate rate so it was a great deal. They were out of room in the hotel so they put us in the villas. They were older but clean and comfortable. Love the look which is why we were there in the first place for Deltec. Some curtains at least on the ends of the windows where the blinds end would have made the room a bit homier. I liked having the kitchenette and if we make it back down there would love to bring the dog. We did accidentally drive up the golf path thinking the road looped back around. Opps. Overall we were happy with the service, the lounge and the food that was catered at our event. The shuttle bus was great and everyone was friendly.

Room Tip: The villas were great if you want to be closer to nature.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. I sincerely hope that you will plan your next trip with us so we can provide you with another great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

north carolina
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza. The hotel was nice and room adequate except for a missing hairdryer and one tiny elevator for an entire building. However, we had some major issues with customer service:
1. Refused to honor a gift certificate where the central reservationist had made an error. Note that this location indicated on the certificate that I should call this number but the hotel said that I should have called this hotel location for the reservation. While they offered a slightly reduced room rate and free breakfast, I still paid $320 that I hadn't anticipated due to their error.

2. I had to go back to the desk 3 times due to a non working room key. Not great with two kids.

3. Check-in took 30 min. and I had to remind the desk person about the breakfast vouchers and to write my room number down. Granted, it was busy, but come on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ajnc
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tennis & Golf Resort and we appreciate your feedback.

Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have stayed here many times. The front staff is absolutely wonderful, especially Bill & David making check in quick & simple. They also upgrade us if a room is available. The concierge is also very nice and booked me for a message at the nearby spa. The rooms are nice and the views are peaceful. The shuttle (for a small fee) to downtown Asheville is a great amenity. The bar is great and has a wide variety of wines and liquors. The bartenders, Chelsea & Paul, are so friendly & pleasant and remember us by name every time, even though it may be months in-between visits.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The room was clean, but overall this hotel was not what I was expecting. The hotel is an old motor lodge type structure. It has an old, musty, damp smell and feel to it. Seen that mentioned in a few other reviews and they were right. I did not choose this hotel. It was chosen for me as I tried one of those "great rate blind hotel deals". Never again.

Ordered a burger for my Wife from the sports bar. They asked how I wanted it cooked. I said well with just a slight touch of pink. The inside of the burger was medium. I wanted to take it back, but my Wife decided to just eat around the perimeter of the burger.

I had no problem with the staff and again the room was clean. It was just not the comfort level I'm used to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank square328
LoriHol, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and surpass the very high standards of service our guests expect. Our goal is to ensure that all our guests leave satisfied. Please accept our sincere apologies for the not up to par food experience during your stay. I will share this with our chef for retraining. We are in the process of inhancing our buildings to address your concerns with new carpet and paint. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide a better experience in the future.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Not the easiest place to get to, but it is not bad. The lobby is nice and welcoming. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The room was just ok. The bathroom was small but not a huge issue. I wish there were more walking trails. That was a huge bummer. The trail is nice but it is only .5 mile so I had to walk around it many times to get a good workout. The breakfast staff is the WORST. I watched every customer one day complain about something. Well, there were only 3 other tables but it seemed like a lot to me. I asked for a few things that I never got and I did not get everything that I ordered. Bar staff was great. The bar itself is very comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MelRose619
LoriHol, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Resort. We value all guest feedback both positive and constructive and appreciate your ideas on ways we can improve. I am glad to hear you felt taken care of by both the front desk and bar staff. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide a better restaurant experience in the future. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously along with sharing them with the department heads. Your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.
Highland Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked this hotel on Expedia and way overpaid for it. I arrived and they sent me on a drive in the dark to a "villa". The door was locked and it was occupied. I returned to the desk and I am in a handicap accessible room and the wall are so thin I can hear EVERYTHING in the neighboring room.
I had thought this hotel would be nicer than a "budget type" hotel but it turns out it is worse. I am so mad that I prepaid!!!
There are many other better choices to stay in Asheville!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: there are none
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joan B
LoriHol, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. Your reservation was actually given an upgrade to one of our villas on property. That one building has four units in it so your villa was not occupied but actually on 2nd floor of building. Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. Our goal is to ensure that all our guest leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. I hope you can return to our property in the future and give us another opportunity to wow you with your amazing staff and amenities.