“Beautiful location and people”

Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Ranked #40 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beautiful location and people”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We enjoyed an overnight stay here while in town for an event. It was a nice hotel with great friendly staff. The rooms showed some aging, but it was clean and well kept. I actually loved all the towel bars int he bath room area---hard to find in renovated hotels!

We ate breakfast in the hotel dining area. The chef was great at helping me assess the safety of the foods on the buffet for my daughter and I. He made me an omelet from fresh eggs so I could eat safely. Great service and very helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for providing your feedback and I am delighted that we were able to WOW you with our service. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding the room cleanliness and excellent restaurant service to the appropriate managers. Be sure to come again on your next visit to Asheville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Older hotel well taken care of. Rooms were clean and big with a nice out door patio.

I like the fact that you could park right out side your room, made it easy for getting luggage into the room.

This is a very pet friendly hotel. When we check in and ever night we were there the front desk person always gave our dog milk bones .

• Stayed December 2012
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your response and I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at our Resort and in Asheville. This a great area to visit with your pet with an abundance of hiking trails, waterfalls, dog parks, and pet friendly cafes downtown with outdoor dining options. Our staff really enjoy interacting with the different pets that pass through the hotel, and our 125 acre property is a great place to walk or run. I'm hope to see you again on your next visit to Asheville!
Mt Pleasant, SC
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect as I purchased this on priceline with a bid we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very helpful in planning activities and very kind. Our room was very clean beds were awesome. Great value for the price. I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Room 474 awesome
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your short but sweet review, and I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our staff and cleaniness are two areas in which we take great pride, I appreciate you recognizing these areas in your comments. I hope you can come back for another visit on your next trip to Asheville.
roanoke virginia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband had a meeting here so our family decided to join him and stay a day early. If I would have know I would have made different choices. I booked via phone and when we checked in the price went up by 30.00 . It was so NOT worth it. The hotel lobby and outside areas are nice and hotel has lots of Old Charm. The staff was not friendly at all acted more bothered than helpful. Even worse than that was our room. The carpets were disgusting. There were visiable spots , black mold near bath and fridge area. As soon as we walked in the room you were aware of the smell. Musty , mildew. Which in turn bothered my allergies by the end of the night I could not breathe. The ironing board was dirty and had spots and even the bedding had some minimial spotting. Lots of stink bugs in room and my husband had a spider fall out of the ceiling onto his face. Where other hotels have free shuttles this one charged $5 a person and the pool closes at 8. For $30 less we booked a room at the Hampton Inn and was much happier witht the services there. And lets not forget the Big Meeting day before 8 AM they began pressure washing and fixing the outside of the hotel waking us all up when my husband could have used a little extra sleep.

Room Tip: save your $ book somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank agolden4me
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I am very sorry that you were dissapointed with your experience at our Resort, and with the amount of issues that you describe here, I surely hope you spoke with a manager before your departure. We ALWAYS like to know about issues guests may encounter during their stay so we can do our part to help you leave with a positive impression of our property. The only way a rate would differ from the time of booking would be if you decided to add a rollway bed ($12/night), have a pet with you ($25/night), or chose to upgrade your room type which varies from $15/night to $45/night depending out he level of upgrade. All of the room cleanliness issues are absolutly unacceptable, which is why I assume you spoke with management before leaving or possibly even moved rooms during your stay. I can't imagine anyone encountering what you described and not telling anyone. I'm happy that you were able to find accomodations that better suited your needs, though I am dissapointed that we lost your business. Hampton Inns often have lower room rates than our Resort, but what they lack are a zip line course, tree top adventure park, golf course, fitness complex, full service spa, 20 tennis courts. All travelers have different wants/needs when they travel and I am sorry that you did not see the value in our offerings. I am truly sorry that your trip to Asheville was impacted by your stay at our property, and wish you could have left with a more positive impression.
Snellville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here a few nights and my overall impression is lower than I expected from the rep of the hotel chain. Asheville is pretty convoluted from a street layout point of view but this hotel is one of the most difficult places to find and navigate to even with GPS be forewarned. Hotel is large and rambling with about 5 stories, but lobby is on the 3rd floor. Elevators are too small for the size of the hotel. Barely enough room to fit the luggage carts. Room itself is clean but clearly dated. Most objectionable the room smells like freshly cleaned toilets due to the chemicals used which are very strong. Beds and pillows are comfortable, no TV guide listing, mini fridge hidden in cabinet. Bathroom small but shower head is up to date. Someone ordered hotel service but the dishes were left opposite our room door overnight and most of the next day. Fitness center is decently appointed but could use a few more treadmills.

Hotel needs an update, service needs to be improved, not too much to be done about location or layout.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I am just sorry that you weren't pleased with various parts of your experience here. I will mention on this review as I have before that we highly reccommend referencing our website www.ashevillecp.com in order to obtain the most accurate directions for getting to the property. As I-26 has changed and expanded over the past few years there are different exits to take depending on which direction you are traveling from, and these updates have not translated to even the most current GPS software. Truthfully people get more lost finding us when using a GPS then when not. I wanted to apologize for the chemical smell in the room, as this is not the norm for our housekeeping department. I imagine you may have gotten checked into a room immediatly after it was cleaned leaving little time for the room's scent to settle. Lastly, it sounds as if you may have utlized our small hotel fitness room as opposed to the 8,000 square foot fitness complex on our property. This facility is free of charge to guests and offers amazing work out equipment, complimentary fitness classes, indoor lap pool, sauna, jacuzzi tub, and even indoor tennis! I highly encourage you to explore this facility on your next trip to Asheville, and I certainly hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Although the outside of the hotel is a bit dated, the inside made up for it completely. We stayed here over Christmas while visiting family. When we pulled up I was a bit skeptical but the room was incredibly clean, surprisingly spacious and the service surpassed my expecatations. Not to mention, the price was very affordable for the accomodations and proximity to downtown. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and gladly return for my next visit to Asheville.

• Stayed December 2012
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I am so glad that you were able to visit our Resort over the holiday season, and I appreciate your excellent feedback. Location, service, and amenities are some of our strongest suites and I thank you for appreciating what we have to offer. I can understand your first impression of the exterior being dated and we have already set a date in 2013 to re-stucco the exterior and complete a new paint job which will greatly enhance our apperance. Asheville is fantastic around the holidays, and you'll have to return once it warms up in the spring so you can experience some of the great hikes and waterfalls in our area.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Took a long while to have our rooms ready... well after checking time... their hair stylist was away on vacation too so i stayed looking scruffy but the location, just outside of downtown, is great, they have tons of amenities including a bunch of tennis courts and pools, nice lobby eatery and relaxing areas, ambient fireplace to welcome you and ample parking. The service is not all that but you are not paying all that much money to stay here either... The rooms are aged and in need of a refurb but spacious and they have free inroom internet... When it rained I was woken up at 3 in the morning by water dripping onto my room, very annoying! Plenty of tv channels and you even get a microwave in the room... a/c units are noisy too but don't keep you up.

Asheville is a stunning little place, like a mini san francisco with its trendy artsy shops and alternative people.

Room Tip: Stayed in 571 and 570... 571 has dripping noises when raining.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LUXTRVLXPERT
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you very much for providing a review concerning your stay and I am so glad that you enjoyed the Asheville area as well as some of our excellent ammenities. With regards to the speed of getting in to your rooms, our check-in time is 4:00 pm and after checking our records, noticed that one of your rooms checked in at 3:30 pm and the other at 4:01 pm. I apologize that we were not able to get both rooms available to you for an earlier check in. I appreciate you bringing to our attention the issue with the leak in your room, as engineering was able to get into the room immediatly after you departed and get the problem resolved. It sounds as if you had a great experience both at our Resort as well as in the area, and we look forward to having you back again soon.