“Don't judge the book by its cover”

Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Although the outside of the hotel is a bit dated, the inside made up for it completely. We stayed here over Christmas while visiting family. When we pulled up I was a bit skeptical but the room was incredibly clean, surprisingly spacious and the service surpassed my expecatations. Not to mention, the price was very affordable for the accomodations and proximity to downtown. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and gladly return for my next visit to Asheville.

• Stayed: December 2012
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

I am so glad that you were able to visit our Resort over the holiday season, and I appreciate your excellent feedback. Location, service, and amenities are some of our strongest suites and I thank you for appreciating what we have to offer. I can understand your first impression of the exterior being dated and we have already set a date in 2013 to re-stucco the exterior and complete a new paint job which will greatly enhance our apperance. Asheville is fantastic around the holidays, and you'll have to return once it warms up in the spring so you can experience some of the great hikes and waterfalls in our area.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Took a long while to have our rooms ready... well after checking time... their hair stylist was away on vacation too so i stayed looking scruffy but the location, just outside of downtown, is great, they have tons of amenities including a bunch of tennis courts and pools, nice lobby eatery and relaxing areas, ambient fireplace to welcome you and ample parking. The service is not all that but you are not paying all that much money to stay here either... The rooms are aged and in need of a refurb but spacious and they have free inroom internet... When it rained I was woken up at 3 in the morning by water dripping onto my room, very annoying! Plenty of tv channels and you even get a microwave in the room... a/c units are noisy too but don't keep you up.

Asheville is a stunning little place, like a mini san francisco with its trendy artsy shops and alternative people.

Room Tip: Stayed in 571 and 570... 571 has dripping noises when raining.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Navigaytion
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you very much for providing a review concerning your stay and I am so glad that you enjoyed the Asheville area as well as some of our excellent ammenities. With regards to the speed of getting in to your rooms, our check-in time is 4:00 pm and after checking our records, noticed that one of your rooms checked in at 3:30 pm and the other at 4:01 pm. I apologize that we were not able to get both rooms available to you for an earlier check in. I appreciate you bringing to our attention the issue with the leak in your room, as engineering was able to get into the room immediatly after you departed and get the problem resolved. It sounds as if you had a great experience both at our Resort as well as in the area, and we look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

First, I must say, the service was OUTSTANDING! We were taken care of by Bill & Sergio who were both kind, helpful & very welcoming. We booked a Deluxe King through hotels.com. Our room was on the 5th floor, immaculately clean and smelled fresh when we opened the door. Other reviewers griped about the size of the bathrooms. Yes, they are small, but we did not visit Asheville to spend our time hanging out in our hotel bath! The bath was clean,had ample towels and nice shampoo/soap/lotion. We ordered room service our first morning which was very good, prompt and large portions! The morning of our departure we ate the buffet. It was very good as well. Lots of selections and very courteous service. Well worth it. The bed was comfy! We didn't have time to take advantage of the amenities offered, but there were lots of guests doing so.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Strawberry C
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

What great feedback! The level of quality and service you mentioned is what we strive for with every single one of our guests, and I am so glad that we were able to make your trip to Asheville a success. I will be happy to share your comments with Bill and Sergio in particular, and will be sure to commend the housekeeping/restaurant staff during our next staff meeting for a job well done. Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Nice hotel, good location and close to Earth Fare grocery store. They have a shuttle to downtown for only $5 per person which was convenient. I used the fitness center and that was very nice. Older hotel but clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time out of your busy holiday season to share your comments and I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our great location as well as some of our unique amenities. On your next trip to this area you will have to give our new Tree Top Adventure Park a try! Again, thank you for your review and compliments.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very neat hotel. Slightly dated, but extremely scenic views. Breakfast was really good and the hotel bar is really nice. My balcony overlooked the golf course and provided for great views.

Asheville is worth a visit. I'd strongly consider this property again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your excellent review and I am so glad that you had a great time both at our Resort, and in Asheville as a whole. I will be sure to pass along your compliments concerning the bar/restaurant to the appropriate managers, and I am glad that the front desk was able to provide you with that perfect room for your vacation. Can't wait to have you back the next time you are in Asheville!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Booked via price line....treated very poorly at front desk by a very condescending agent named David. Extra charge for anything but the basic 2 queens. Rooms were clean, kudos to the cleaning staff and housekeeping. Reminded me of a 1975 Howard Johnson's.....small baths, carpet coming up in the corners...they have tried, but it is still a tired property. The bed was however very nice and comfy. There are much better local choices for your money. It is not a 3 1/2 star as they claim.

Room Tip: Go elswhere
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

I am very sorry you had such a dissapointing stay recently, but appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding our amazing beds and housekeeping staff. David is a very mild mannered front desk agent who I have never once heard use a rude or condescending tone. With that being said, I am not suggesting that anybody including myself is perfect all the time, or that you would provide inaccurate information within your review, I just hope that your comments were not due to the fact that he followed policy with regards to the $15 room type upgrade. Regardless, I will be monitoring his actions for the next few weeks to make sure he is providing the great customer service I know he is capable of. I also want to clarify that hotels do not provide their own star ratings (3 star, 4 star, etc). Most hotels are rated based soley on guest reviews (Trip Advisor), but with some websites, factors such as amenities, location, and recent rennovations also play a role. I hope that when you return to Asheville you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel while we were
In town for a wedding. The price was a value compared to other hotels in the area, but it is really basic. Looks like a converted 1960s-70s hotel. The good news is it was very clean. Probably not somewhere my husband and I would book again. Spend the extra $ and go somewhere nicer if you have the $ to spend.

• Stayed: December 2012
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

I apologize that your experience was just OK at our Resort, as we strive to create more of a WOW experience for our guests. We are a rennovated Hilton property from the 1970's as you mentioned, and I appreciate your feedback regarding our cleanliness as this is a top priority for any hotel. Some of our amenities that set us apart from the competition and other basic hotels are as follows...8,000 square foot fitness complex, full service spa, 20 tennis courts, 9 hole golf course, 3 pools (2 outdoor and 1 indoor), on property zip line course, tree top adventure park, free wifi, and a $5/person roundtrip shuttle to downtown 24 hours a day. I know that when attending a wedding out of town it is sometimes difficult to experience everything a Resort or city has to offer, and I encourage you to give the Crowne Plaza as well as Asheville another try in the future when you have more time to relax. Thank you for your time and providing your feedback.