Crowne Plaza this is not. Maybe back in the day, but this hotel is nothing better than the Holiday Inn's I passed along the highway. Let me first say that the front desk staff, especially Bryan and the Property Manager, sorry I don't remember your name :( both were very attentive and nice.
That said, the Hotel is not what I expected for a Crowne Plaza "Resort". We had reserved a Villa on the outer edge of the property. Upon arrival we were told that the keys to the room require a deposit of $150/ key, SERIOUSLY?? Change the locks yourself and save $125.00. We were greeted by one of the party hosts and told that another couple had already been in a different Villa and experienced an infestation of assorted bugs, and are now in the main hotel in a standard room. With trepidation we went on to our Villa. As soon as we opened the door we found 2 bugs on the floor in the foyer. Honestly, no problem, the Villa's are sort of in the woods and in North Carolina I can't say that I would not expect this. What I did not and would never expect is when I checked the beds, I found hair on the pillows of all 3 beds, I removed the blanket and found hair on the sheets of 2 beds, AND what appeared to be a fresh stain on the sheets of one of those beds and a bug on another. That was it for my family and I. Bugs - OK, dirty beds - No Way! Good new is that we were quickly switched to a room in the main building that was fine.
Then there was breakfast on the first morning. The food was average at best and not even as good as most mid-range hotels that provide free breakfast with every room. The waiter was so inattentive, that our plates started to pile up on the table (it is a buffet), and our coffee got cold. The waitress in the area was not even alert enough to step in and assist. So much for Southern Hospitality. I saw our waiter 3 times during our meal - once to pour the one and only cup of coffee, 5 minutes later to announce how much everybody's meal was and leave the check, and the third time to pick up the signed check.
My only other gripe is that the elevator is very small, slow, and barely fits the luggage rack. So why does the housekeeping staff need to use it to transport their tools of the trade. Not only does it slow the elevator down, but they have 1 -2 carts with them and there is no room left inside for Guests to use it and therefore we have to wait for the next one. Only once, of at least 3 encounters, was the staff courteous enough to relinquish the elevator to the guests waiting when the doors opened.
I realize that this review is a bit long winded, but after driving 14 hrs to this destination and being so disappointed, anything less than a detailed review would be wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, a sanctuary of elegance and a welcome retreat from the busy world. Nestled against the majestic backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 125 acres, this year-round resort provides all the comforts for the leisure and business traveler alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Reservation Counter, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Asheville